Thread: It's been a good couple of weeks...

It's been a good couple of weeks...

First of all I bought an Accles and Shelvoke Warrior from a good friend, then, I finally got my hands on a Rutten Winstar which I have been after since the late 1990s! That was also thanks to a friend giving me a "Heads Up" that it had appeared on Egun. Not wishing to boast but I really feel that, thanks to a couple of friends I've had some good fortune in my airgun collecting lately. It's friends like the two I mention that make airgunning and airgun collecting such a great hobby.

I'm looking forward to getting home from work and trying the Rutten out. The DHL chap arrived just as I was leaving for work this morning and I had time to open the box and have a look but no time for a plink!

Thanks to Scott (Prewar) for the Warrior and John Griffiths for telling me about the Rutten. Top chaps, I salute you both!

I know how you feel. I picked up a very tidy Crosman M1 off Mike Watkins on here. A rifle that Ive been after for a while and rare complete and in that condition (manuals etc. plus a spud gun). Great person to deal with and a pleasure to meet.
    Also on the airgun connection theme - my hours of trawling around various charity shops throughout the country with the Mrs paid dividends when she found a boxed Accles and Shelvoke propelling pencil (dated pre WW1)
    Its little bits like that that are the cherry on the collecting cake.

You never know whats around the corner.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    First of all I bought an Accles and Shelvoke Warrior from a good friend, then, I finally got my hands on a Rutten Winstar which I have been after since the late 1990s! That was also thanks to a friend giving me a "Heads Up" that it had appeared on Egun. Not wishing to boast but I really feel that, thanks to a couple of friends I've had some good fortune in my airgun collecting lately. It's friends like the two I mention that make airgunning and airgun collecting such a great hobby.

I'm looking forward to getting home from work and trying the Rutten out. The DHL chap arrived just as I was leaving for work this morning and I had time to open the box and have a look but no time for a plink!

Thanks to Scott (Prewar) for the Warrior and John Griffiths for telling me about the Rutten. Top chaps, I salute you both!
    Nice one, Rob. Glad you got the Winstar at last! I must admit, I missed that one.

Just shows that it pays to be patient, although two decades is really patient.

I wonder if this section should have a sticky with a list of guns collectors are looking for, a kind of 'wanted' section just for collectables? I suppose the downside is that it would quickly become unwieldy, but if you're thinking of moving something on it might help you locate a collector to do a private deal within the 'family' of BBS collectables...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post

Hi Rob,

First of all, congratulations on finally nailing your latest acquisitions. I have sometimes spent many years searching for a particular pistol only to have two turn up at once after I had finally got my hands on one ! I love the Warrior and have a nice boxed example myself together with an unopened pack of Bulldog pellets. Would you mind if asked whether yours is in the more common .177 calibre, first or second series, and if possible the Ser No.

Regards

Brian

Dead stock

lots of stuff seems to be turing up ,I found a 1st series Warrior and hw55 left in the back of a shotgun shop been ther for years and got them cheap as the owner did not know he had them and the cash was just a bonus for him he was happy im buzzing with the new toys.

Having got over my jealosy can you tell me what you paid for the 550? And where as there might be another one.

I too have been searching for years.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .