Thread: Hurricane Pics

tpe Guest

Hurricane (: Pics

O.K this is just an excuce so i can post some pics, but if anyone has a link to any info on tuning or lube jobbing this poor ol hurricane for smoothness i would be very greatfull. Also does the little spring loaded lug that keeps the breach retainer always get worn? and whats the best way to deal with it?

I am still in the throws of childhood with it, my missus has even got into it and i have the proof (the censored version, she wouldnt let me post the just before bed time shooting sessions). So just fun i got the old chisels and files out and carved out a new set of grips (80%finished) for it. I learnt a few things for the stock project i am on, like fit it first, then do the rest etc, but any shortcuts or advice more than welcome.

Why is it shooting an air pistol is such a laugh, much more fun than live ammo at the range, guess its just a smashing time being able to shoot into the kitchen .

Learning to cock it http://thebort.net/tpe/caroh.jpg
    the grips http://thebort.net/tpe/hurricane.jpg

tim
    Last edited by tpe; 09-07-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Wink

tpe,did you put the sellotape over your wife's mouth?
    Just wondering.....

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Great work on those grips, actually makes the Hurricane look quite elegant. Always thought the Webley top-cocker was better looking in its Tempest incarnation and its nice to be proved wrong.

tpe Guest
    Charlie K, you just made us both laugh, and she says she always does that when she is concentrating .

But now you mention it ideas can grow on you... I am going to get thumped if i say any more...

Many thanks Hsing-ee, unfortunatly they have done nothing for my shooting, but i got to agree i like(ed) the temspest better too.

tim
    Last edited by tpe; 09-07-2005 at 10:54 PM.

tpe Guest
    Can anyone help out on the lube up info, or possibly there is an article in one of the comics that i can possibly order a back issue to denmark i would really like to know what issue? or (I know its stretching things a bit) but if anyone could scan it?

thanks

tim

shrendi Guest
    Ky :d :d......

tpe,glad I made you and your other half larf!!I try and remember to ring Terry at Webley tomorrow and post back sometime in the evening.
    I forgot to praise those grips,nice looking!
    Cheers,
    c K

not bad at all mate........oh and the Hurricane crackin too....lol

Excellent photos, just noticed the Hurricane

A Bond girl in the making

You can pm me the bedtime version if you want

Is it just me or is there a Sandra Bullock thing going on there
    Last edited by Pink Panther; 10-07-2005 at 11:39 PM.

tpe,
    Light gun oil on the linkages and moly on the spring and piston.New spring and relube if the pellet speed drops below 270fps: .22 and 350fps: .177.Aparently they're quite fiddley to pull apart and reassemble,but no doubt some will dissagree and I don't have a Hurry or a Tempest.
    I hope this info is helpful.
    Cheers,
    cK.