Thread: Open sight adaptor for AA S400F

Open sight adaptor for AA S400F

I'd like to try open (dioptre) sights on my S400F, but the problem is attaching a foresight. I've tried Google searches, searches on here and on other fora but to no avail.

Is there anyone on here who can, or knows someone who can, make an adaptor to fit to the muzzle of an S400 to provide a set of standard foresight dovetails (I believe these are typically 8mm)?

Peter

Just got to ask.....Why?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

I'm about to start teaching shooting to my local Scouts. I need to practice my 10m paper target punching and would also like to offer the older and more capable Scouts the chance to shoot a PCP target style. Can't afford another rifle for such things, so the S400F is the obvious candidate.

Peter

Right.... UKNeil may be able to knock something up, but the height plus foresight will have to match the rear sight.
    If you're shooting 10 m with a full power rifle, especially with beginners, make sure you have a decent pellet catcher, and a ricochet proof backstop.

Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    Right.... UKNeil may be able to knock something up, but the height plus foresight will have to match the rear sight.
    Yep. I see riser blocks available - if I can get an adaptor made (I've PM'd Neil already) I'll take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    If you're shooting 10 m with a full power rifle, especially with beginners, make sure you have a decent pellet catcher, and a ricochet proof backstop.
    Absolutely - I would only ever consider this step with those I know can hit the catcher every time.

Peter

Good luck with your project.

Gus