Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prometheus pellets???

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    They look the part I tired them years back in a few different guns and none of them liked them I can remember putting some a sharps some of them pushed the end off when you shut the bolt they was also some other ones out at the time that came in two parts they had copper heads and a black skirt you had a little pen thing to put them together can't remember what they were called? they were she-height as well
    the ones that you had to put together yourself with the copper head and black skirt were called sussex sabots.
    they seem to be commanding high prices for unused packs on fleabay.

Quote Originally Posted by shauny View Post
    the ones that you had to put together yourself with the copper head and black skirt were called sussex sabots.
    they seem to be commanding high prices for unused packs on fleabay.
    yes , but they were one of the most inaccurate things I ever bought

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Yes I remember them, they had a good wright up in the mags, prompted some opportunitic MP to claom airgunners had access to "armour-piercing" pellets etc bastard poloticians still are opportunistic and having tried these old ones in the past I would think long and hard before doing it again
    I remember an incident with one of these and my stainless steel kitchen sink - the pellet won
    I didn't realise they weren't a soft metal like lead
    Never mind, a dab of epoxy filled the hole quite neatly Seems funny now...

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    They're crap. Avoid.
    This, in spades.

I'd avoid anything related to the pellets and those that peddle them, personally.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

I suppose there's a reason there are hundereds of brands of lead pellets & just a few of these exotics, hasn't stopped me trying a few over the years. I forget exactly the brand but some were going through a 40yard target sideways...

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    I remember an incident with one of these and my stainless steel kitchen sink - the pellet won
    I didn't realise they weren't a soft metal like lead
    Never mind, a dab of epoxy filled the hole quite neatly Seems funny now...
    It was a door on my uncles old land rover never had the heart to tell him never mind they say confession is good for the soul

Smile best pellets

hi all try AA field and AA exacts or JSB exacts I have found try work well good shooting