Thread: Rws Superdome .177

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin

Rws Superdome .177

Hi all,

I have two pellets that work equally as well in my barrel at 30 yards.
    One of which is rws superdome.
    Does anyone have any data or opinions of them at distance maybe 45 yards?
    I'd like to use them as they are lighter pellet than my current, but if they are totally useless at greater distance, then I won't go to the hassle of recalibrating aim points etc

Regards
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Hi mate, don't take this as being fact... but I believe it to be correct.
    I heard stories at an FT club that I used to attend, about Superdomes drifting to the right at distances greater than 35yds. At that time I was unable to substantiate those claims because I wasn't using S/domes. Last autumn a mate and I were spending a morning hunting grey's, there weren't many about so we set up a target 50yds away. The target was a label on an old door. My mate was shooting an S410 and I had an S400 both .177. His pellets were JSB's in 4.53 mine were S/domes. Both guns zero'd at 35yds. His pellets were 50mm low of the target, so were mine - but mine were also 50mm to the right. Not just one shot, every shot.
    I came to the conclusion that maybe those guy's at the club were right?
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Been using domes at the range for last year with Simon aka the robin no probs out to 40 meter Rhys prob around 45 yard zeroing in the 10 meter range down stairs drop him a pm Rhys mate on Theoben rapid

I have been using superdomes for over 20 years and they are very accurate in my rifle,as long as I do my part the pellet will hit the mark.

They are light so you do have to compensate for wind a little more than a heavier pellet,but with experience and practice this is not an issue.

Same as any pellet/rifle combo,find a pellet that suits your rifle and then learn how the pellet performs at the various ranges,temperatures,wind conditions etc.....

I certainly will continue to use them whilst I have my current set-up for Hunting, FT & HFT right out to 55 yards
    Last edited by markmac; 05-03-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

I remember trying Superdomes in my s400 about 3yrs ago target shooting. I thought they were a good accurate pellet but trajectory wise, compared to AA Fields, they dropped like a brick after approx' 30-35 yds.
    Co efficiency of this pellet isn't the best when compared to others but I would say a very good hunting pellet and comparatively well priced.

Used "domes" in both calibre's for over 20yrs with absolutely no probs whatsoever, good cheap pellet !...

Thanks guys, positive stuff.
    Theoben actually recommended either ftt's or Superdomes for .177 and baracuda match for fac.
    Mine is happy with baracuda and Superdome so I think a long range shoot off will be the decider.
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR

They have a reputation for sapping energy slightly, maybe it's barrel friction but whatever it is, it's not an issue at the ranges I shoot. I find them accurate & very well priced to, my go to pellet until proved otherwise.

Superdomes are a good pellet at a good price the only down side to them is they lose energy very quick when compared to jsb's and such like.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsman View Post
    Superdomes are a good pellet at a good price the only down side to them is they lose energy very quick when compared to jsb's and such like.
    I wonder if this could be the reason for mine going right at 50yds?
    My zero is at 35yds and I'd never encountered a problem, it was only those 50yds shots that made me think there might be something in what the FT guy's said. I suppose if the pellet has expended much of its energy past 35yds then it might 'get a wobble on', become unstable, and go to the right? Then again the guys (above) haven't noticed anything similar!
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

I have never experienced any drift in one direction or another at 50 yards unless it has been caused by wind.

the best

hi as for the best pellet at 40yds try JSB exacts and AA Felds and AA exacts work for me and are the first I try in a new gun but do not forget to use 50 pellet not 10 thay need to bed in good shooting

Quote Originally Posted by mega heroe View Post
    hi as for the best pellet at 40yds try JSB exacts and AA Felds and AA exacts work for me and are the first I try in a new gun but do not forget to use 50 pellet not 10 thay need to bed in good shooting
    Hi Mr mega heroe, and welcome to the bbs...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Thanks guys.
    I have tried over 20 different pellets.
    It hates anything jsb/aa, which is annoying as I used to shoot these in Hft with my MPR and have tons of them.
    It will shoot baracuda, Superdome, lrg and superfield (bisley) but only ones I consider acceptable are Superdome and bara.
    Will give the Superdomes a go at distance and see how they do