Thread: Titan JB1

Titan JB1

Evening folks I am after a little advice about restoring a Titan jb1 side lever air rifle, are servicing kits readily available ? It cocks and works but has a small amount of surface rust as it was stored in a shed for many years, it's not deep pitted just surface, is this rifle worth restoring or am I better to just sell as is and leave to someone who has a bit more experience in these fields ?

Quote Originally Posted by deklan View Post
    Evening folks I am after a little advice about restoring a Titan jb1 side lever air rifle, are servicing kits readily available ? It cocks and works but has a small amount of surface rust as it was stored in a shed for many years, it's not deep pitted just surface, is this rifle worth restoring or am I better to just sell as is and leave to someone who has a bit more experience in these fields ?
    Hi and wecome, these are collectable as not many where made although they are a bit on the heavy side, if you intend to sell it l would leave it alone and let the new owner restore it.

What's the cal and what wood is the stock do you have spare barrals ...no service kits available and even john bowkett himself will not work on one of these rifles. Out of the 200 ish made all bar about 20 were returned to the factory if someone wants one its usally to put in a collection rather than to fire the holy grail is a 25 cal barral and a grade 3 walnut stock as there was only one of those used for publicity spare barrals were available and would add to a collector wanting it .. I think it would cost you more to re-blue than you would be able to sell it for if its a beech stocked one . so if you are going to sell let the new keeper restore it

I have a JB1 with .177 & .22 barrels, in a Walnut stock, mine is in full working order & as near original condition, you can even see the tooling marks under the blue on the cocking lever

I have spoken to JB at length about these rifles, but they are rare for a reason.

Jb1

I also have a JB1 in .177.
    Heavy but accurate. Just how I like my air rifles to be..!
    Majority of them being Classic target rifles (the earliest a Walther LG55 DST to the latest a Walther LGM1.)
    One other heavyweight I luv is a early Bowkett SSP (H16 6/82.) This rifle is used more than the rest..very testing in cocking it but that is part of the history..
    Distraction aside why is the JB1 so rare..

I should be getting a .22 Mohawk with a beech stock Monday, it got delayed because of the snow storms, anyway if there are no seal kits for the JB1/Mohawk, anyone know the sizes? Also would like a walnut stock for it, does a regular Titan stock fit it?