Thread: Mick Dawes Special

Mick Dawes Special

Gentlemen

I have one of the above that has been stored for the last 10 years or so. I bought it on a whim - I have never been an FT shooter but met Mick a few times at Tony Wall's club off the M6.

I tried to fill it today but it will not hold air ....... so it needs a service .

It has a lovely grained FT stock and Muzzle brake, .177 cal.( no facility for silencer fitting - probably a BSA barrel)

Do I sell - if not , who is the best person to service it ? Shaun from ISP ( a protégé of Mick I think ? )

Also - I have 4 Ripleys ? ( AR4 Steel action only in .22 - yes .22 !, an AR4 alloy in .177 with period CS 700 FT stock, a pair of AR5s in alloy - both Hunter spec - alloy 22" chamber in .22 non regulated and 18" .177 non regulated with Muzzle brake both with silencers and period grade 5 CS 500 stocks with extra chequering .

Your thoughts on valuations / desireability would be helpful - I will try to sort out some pics

I would certainly recommend Shaun for this type of service work, he and Mick worked closely together on many occasions, so I think that's the way to go. As for selling, would you not reproach yourself later for selling such a rare rifle????
    abellringer