Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cp1 pleased so far.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Cp1 pleased so far.

picked up my cp1 from proteks today and after and initial first work out,im pleased with what has to be
    a good value for money target orientated pistol.Being a lefty with big hands this can usually be a
    problem but straight off its a very acceptable and comfortable feel .the loading port is nicely accessible for
    "butter mitts" like me with a clean loading cycle.slight gripe in that the trigger guard could do with a little reworking
    as its edge will just catch the forefinger joint which i think will irritate after a few shots.
    .the discharge is is quite uneventful with little discernible recoil ,3.5 ftlbs [.177]weight 888gms,500fps .55g pels.the sights are adj and straight forward.
    for the money i feel sure it will have quite a wide appeal .the general build quality is very good so i can see it
    having a permanent place in my target pistol collection. and if the sales are anything to go by im not alone;mine
    was the last of present stock and the next batch are on their way.
    .took it outside for a bit of backyard plinking and its quite powerful enough for a bit of can bashing at 15mtrs.
    Last edited by red bob; 07-03-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Get your entry in for the 6 yard Gasser series Bob - a great excuse to use your new toy at least once a month
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

lol ,bob what are you like!

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    lol ,bob what are you like!
    You know you want to

update

i decided to add to my early appreciation of the Kandar cp1.

details i like.
    clean uncomplicated lines.ambi butt-great for leftys, not dedicated so easy to sell.
    smooth easy to handle grip;even for distorted engineers hands!
    straight forward but efficient and effective sights. [slightly quirky rear sight adj]
    the pellet insertion probe and channel; is smooth and accurate .pellet cleanly into chamber.
    cocking handle cycles without catching.and does not dent butt in closed position yet sits closely to chamber.
    re-loading co2 is easy and confident;some are fiddly and sometimes dont pressurise first time without reinsertion.
    sturdy and solid build ,floating barrel .
    does not feel ungainly,uncontrolled with arm at full stretch.
    result my groupings are as good as my more expensive more dedicated pistols.

details not liked.
    trigger sharp edged.
    trigger guard to small and catches knuckle joint consistently.
    trigger lacks let off feel [bit nit picky]

summary ;all details not liked can fairly easily be resolved to make a remarkable entry level trgt orientated pistol.
    which i think can out shoot an enthusiastic but average shot like me.
    i intend to get the .22 to complete the set.

personally i feel a better pistol than the gammo compact £ for £ depending on where you buy.
    Last edited by red bob; 19-03-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    i decided to add to my early appreciation of the Kandar cp1.

details i like.
    clean uncomplicated lines.ambi butt-great for leftys, not dedicated so easy to sell.
    smooth easy to handle grip;even for distorted engineers hands!
    straight forward but efficient and effective sights. [slightly quirky rear sight adj]
    the pellet insertion probe and channel; is smooth and accurate .pellet cleanly into chamber.
    cocking handle cycles without catching.and does not dent butt in closed position yet sits closely to chamber.
    re-loading co2 is easy and confident;some are fiddly and sometimes dont pressurise first time without reinsertion.
    sturdy and solid build ,floating barrel .
    does not feel ungainly,uncontrolled with arm at full stretch.
    result my groupings are as good as my more expensive more dedicated pistols.

details not liked.
    trigger sharp edged.
    trigger guard to small and catches knuckle joint consistently.
    trigger lacks let off feel [bit nit picky]

summary ;all details not liked can fairly easily be resolved to make a remarkable entry level trgt orientated pistol.
    which i think can out shoot an enthusiastic but average shot like me.
    i intend to get the .22 to complete the set.

personally i feel a better pistol than the gammo compact £ for £ depending on where you buy.
    Will you be getting the multi shot version as well,due summer 2015.

BILL50

Is the Kandar CP1 the same as the Airforce 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Is the Kandar CP1 the same as the Airforce 1 ?
    Yes, exactly the same action apart from the markings. The airforce ones have chequered grips on some models too
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    Yes, exactly the same action apart from the markings. The airforce ones have chequered grips on some models too
    Thanks for that info.

multi shot! yes please;i looked at the chequer version ,very nice but £60 more ouch.
    the cp1 says designed in Germany on the side but leaves out made in china ,but this doesn't detract from its quality.

well i couldn't resist ,as the .177 is giving me so much fun i picked up the .22 from proteks for £110 .
    packs quite a punch at an avg of 5.7 ftlbs ;[aa field] still holds a nice grouping thanks to little
    or no recoil.

Protek

Bob, you're not helping me resist a CP1 with these updates! Been looking at them since they arrived, and not sure why the chaps are still bothering to sell the airforce 1 version. In real terms, how much would you have to spend, and on what pistol, to better a CP1?

sorry about that but im hooked,good question for brand new i reckon double plus a bit.
    interestingly the airforce 1 advertised on g/star at £159 is a multi shot and looks very nicel
    and compact ;but not sure if they mean the multi version is £159 !or just a std picc.bit
    confusing.
    Last edited by red bob; 29-03-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    Bob, you're not helping me resist a CP1 with these updates! Been looking at them since they arrived, and not sure why the chaps are still bothering to sell the airforce 1 version. In real terms, how much would you have to spend, and on what pistol, to better a CP1?
    I paid £250 for a FWB C-20 which is definitely better than my CP1 but the C-20's are as rare as hens teeth and I was lucky to get one at this price.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Sorry to disappoint you Bernard, but the c20 never quite lived up to the "mark" so
    i will gladly relieve you of this ,purely from a collectors perspective you understand!.