Thread: Hw77 vs hw95

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My experience too.

I really wanted to like the 95 in 177 - so much so that after I'd moved one on, I decided to try again and bought another. I moved the second one on within a fortnight.

Now I have an LGV, which is a much better mannered and more accurate gun.

I also have the HW99s in 22, and it is a joy to shoot.

I would never buy another 95 unless I intended to have it short stroked, shrouded, etc. In other words unless I were prepared to spend quite a bit of money on it.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

77or 95

A hw 77 in .177 or ,22,lovely guns ,,hw95 in .22 lovely gun tuned right but in .177 is you are right can be jumpy.i had a .177 barrel and a .22 barrel and as said the .22 was a lot better and a barrel weight on them as well .

I had a 95 in. 177, not for long though just recently got another but in. 22 and have fitted a Parker Hale steel silencer to add weight to the muzzle, hopefully it should work a treat, fingers crossed i must admitt though that the 99 is the nicer gun to shoot and easier to achive good accuracy, so why do i want a 95
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Al, if you are up for swinging by sometime, you can try my 99 .177
    Personally I think it shoots massively better than either the 95 or the 98 I had

In fact, it shoots very similar to the 26mm HW77k I have here - but obviously with the 77s extra weight, it's that little bit calmer..

(All in .177)

Yep I have to agree ".177" is not the best calibre for a "95k" I moved mine on for this very reason, to jumpy, to snappy and to much flip !!!

I'm looking to replace it with one in .22 !!!...

I had a 98 in .177, inastantly hated it, and sold it. Now I have a 95K in .22 and love it, it is in a 98 adjustable stock though
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Yep I have to agree ".177" is not the best calibre for a "95k" I moved mine on for this very reason, to jumpy, to snappy and to much flip !!!
    )
    My .177, although nice and smooth, is just a tad too lively and I'll have a play to calm it down sometime, when I get the chance.

Don't write the 95 off just yet. Clez's 95, which I had the undoubted pleasure of sampling at one of last year's Boinger Bash events was truly sublime. Smooth and very inert. Supposedly just a V-Mach kit and polish although Rickenbacker thinks that there may be a little more than that going on with it....Whatever, it was simply sublime.

Although I can't argue with anyone's positive observations on the 99, if I had to choose between these two guns, I would actually favour the 95 for the one piece cocking lever giving smoother action and less effort, but accept that a little fettling is required to get it just so.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Three months must have passed, another rerun of the h w's, no such thing as the best, what suits you, 99 best hw from box, repeat every three months ,