Thread: Feinwerkbau 800W

Feinwerkbau 800W

Very Nice,

Replied to your PM JG

Thanks

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Looks great,but as all contact points on the rifle are still plastic,I'm struggling to see the point of it
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    Looks great,but as all contact points on the rifle are still plastic,I'm struggling to see the point of it
    The cheekrest, grip are wood, with non slip textured paint ; Ok - plastic- (in non scientific terms)

The hamster is alu.

Whats with the plastic snobbery ? besides, Its FEINWERKBAU - so unlikely the world's best 10m shooters will cast a condescending eye like yours on it

If anything a UK guru has alluded POI issues on Feinwerkbau alutecs - and wood or laminate by and large cures that (even indoors - if ever that was a problem in a temperature controlled environment for all makes of alutech from - Anschutz, Walther, Steyr and Feinwerkbau). in the Field of FT, all alu stock rifles "creak" & suffer a degree of POI. Notwithstanding scope getting baked in the sun....

The Fwb800W shape/design is probably not everyone's cup of tea- granted.

A walnut version of the FWB 800 Basic stock would have been nicer, especially if they threw away the cheap plastic cheek piece and replaced it with wood. I should add that although Im not total against plastic the plastic cheek piece feels rough on the face and struggles to adjust high enough for use with a scope even on the lowest rail JH could make.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    That does indeed look very nice. Makes a change from all that alloy!
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by MTA123 View Post
    A walnut version of the FWB 800 Basic stock would have been nicer, especially if they threw away the cheap plastic cheek piece and replaced it with wood. I should add that although Im not total against plastic the plastic cheek piece feels rough on the face and struggles to adjust high enough for use with a scope even on the lowest rail JH could make.

Dont be a skinflint...

Walnut may not be available of the Basic, but laminate is...

so this is what youre after IF you'd be willing to pay for a Walnut OEM stock:

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/de/Sportwa...-800-Universal

...besides...Fwb would simply keep the Basic design per that "Basic" price point....and never do an identical walnut version of it - they would offer a very different "premium" style of stock...hence, the Laminate full size