Thread: Air Force One or CP-1 could there be a difference

Air Force One or CP-1 could there be a difference

Hello all

I have been to my local gun dealers today for some pellets and CO2 cartridges and i looked at two Air Force One pistols one was a Trophy Vermin .22 (smooth stock) and the other one was a Trophy Target .177 (patterned grip stock) and this made me think i wonder if there is possibly the odd difference in manufacture (other than names and grip styles) between the two Air Force One pistols i saw today and the CP-1 pistol i have coming from Poland.

Dave
    Last edited by davethepitch; 13-03-2015 at 05:09 PM.

The only difference in them is the chequered grip and the markings on the gun. That's it.

Everything else is the same including the box it comes in.
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    The only difference in them is the chequered grip and the markings on the gun. That's it.

Everything else is the same including the box it comes in.
    Hello richierich

That answers my question about any differences then and when i asked the prices i was told the Air Force One Trophy Vermin .22 (smooth stock) was £140 and the Air Force One Trophy Target .177 (patterned grip stock) was £159.

A few days ago i must have been to excited because when i looked through the sights i could only focus on the front and rear sights and not the target or just the target alone but not all three at the same time how embarrassing.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    Hello richierich

That answers my question about any differences then and when i asked the prices i was told the Air Force One Trophy Vermin .22 (smooth stock) was £140 and the Air Force One Trophy Target .177 (patterned grip stock) was £159.

A few days ago i must have been to excited because when i looked through the sights i could only focus on the front and rear sights and not the target or just the target alone but not all three at the same time how embarrassing.

Dave
    That's normal. You are only supposed to focus on the front sight, and bring the rear sight up to level with it. The target is supposed to be out of focus.

Adrian

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Dave
    In one handed pistol shooting at 6 yds and 10m, using open sights, the foresight should be in focus and the black on the target should be out of focus, with the sights seen against the white between the black and the bottom of the target. If you can focus on rear sight, foresight and target at the same time, you need Specsavers! (Other opticians are available)

Have a look at this:

http://www.targetshooting.ca/docs/pistol_sighting.pdf

you should see the bottom image in the left hand column.

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Twodoctors View Post
    The target is supposed to be out of focus.
    Hello Adrian

It seems I have a lot of learning to do and the last time I hit a target with a rifle it had telescopic sights on it so I did not use the front and rear sights but that was 30 + years ago and if it is normal for the target to go out of focus I guess my tin can will remain untouched as I will miss. :-)

Dave
    Last edited by davethepitch; 13-03-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Hello all

I have been to my local gun dealers today for some pellets and CO2 cartridges and i looked at two Air Force One pistols one was a Trophy Vermin .22 (smooth stock) and the other one was a Trophy Target .177 (patterned grip stock) and this made me think i wonder if there is possibly the odd difference in manufacture (other than names and grip styles) between the two Air Force One pistols i saw today and the CP-1 pistol i have coming from Poland.

Dave
    The only difference is the rip-off GB price.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    The only difference is the rip-off GB price.
    Do you think "The Shooting Party" will vote UKIP, so we can leave the EU, making them the truly sole distributor of the CP-1? :-D

Adrian