Thread: new sight help needed please

new sight help needed please

Hi everyone

I would love to get into the long range discipline, i bought a Hammerli CR20 last week from Blackpool air rifles, but im not sure about the sight that came with it (3x9-50 mountmaster ao) does anyone have any top tips for a noob at this sort of thing please ?

I came across this AGS Cobalt Redi-Mount 4-16x50 AO IR today at Uttings here is the link hopefully http://www.uttings.co.uk/p107257-ags...2#.VQSh3-FLFmM is this the sort of thing i am looking for ? Budget wise i can do £100 max, the club i have just joined are starting up a FT type range soon, at the moment my max range is a standard indoor 25m so any help anyone can offer is hughly appreciated

Take care and thanks in advance
    Derren

Both nikko sterling and Hawke are excellent scopes for airgun ranges.I personally changed to nikko because their optics suited my eyes a bit better. I have several guns fitted with the mountmaster range up to 12x50.(excellent).but for Xmas I got a x 24 gameking from jsr. I use it at x16 for most targets and x24 for 50 yrs plus. Brilliant scope for 80 pounds. It is a long one though but soon got used to it. Definitely aids long range shots.

Hi countryboy,

Lovely thanks very much they have the 6x24 in stock at jsr looking like it could be the one ;-)

Hope you enjoy it. At 24x you can see your heartbeat, but it really helps to close those groups up. Limits your field of view, but the bull is the size of a dinner plate.

Thanks again my friend, putting an order in today :-)

Me again, held off on ordering as I got notice of a nice little windfall heading my way shortly, what's your thoughts on the MTC Viper 10x44 IR AO SCB its 189 at ronniesunshines is this too much scope for my rifle, ultimately I am looking at upgrading to the evanix sniper k or the new EB XVI.

Thanks again for the help feel like I'm chasing my tail at the moment :-)
    Take care

The Viper 10 X 44 is an excellent scope and is pretty much the standard glass for HFT.

I've got the 3-12 zoom version and its been faultless.

Quote Originally Posted by derrenk View Post
    Me again, held off on ordering as I got notice of a nice little windfall heading my way shortly, what's your thoughts on the MTC Viper 10x44 IR AO SCB its 189 at ronniesunshines is this too much scope for my rifle, ultimately I am looking at upgrading to the evanix sniper k or the new EB XVI.

Thanks again for the help feel like I'm chasing my tail at the moment :-)
    Take care
    I have a couple of MTC scopes and they are excellent quality for the money. I have a 6-24x56 Viper on my HW100 and a 8-32x60 Viper on my Sniper K. Both are very nice bits of kit. The 10x44 is £35 cheaper at BAR.

Slightly cheaper, the Nikko Sterling Panamax scopes are excellent value and for my eye they have glass that rivals the MTC.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thanks again chaps :-)

I'll be honest I was looking at ronniesunshine as I was also getting an airarms pro sport for my dad and as I am on a pension and they offer credit it was the most do'able option BUT I will save nearly £100 at BAR for the total order so I'm off to BAR this morning ;-) pictures to follow hopefully!

Keep safe :-)

Thumbs up

Right then after a really helpful and extremely informative chat with Sean at BAR, we have decided on the following I will be saving my pennies for a little longer and I am going for around the £220 mark on the MTC (its not in stock at the moment) can't remember which one it was just now but I will update as and when, rifle wise for my dad I will be going for the HW97k thumbhole again after a great chat, don't know if your on here Sean but thanks again top service from a top crew.

Thanks to everyone for the help its greatly appreciated (and needed)

Keep safe

The 97 is an excellent choice, as for the scope,again, excellent choice.If you had gone for the prosport you would never shoot it. You would give it a name and tuck it in at night. Best of luck and remember it's all about fun...and oh yes... Best make room now for a few more. It's very catching!! oops nearly forgot... Make sure you get decent mounts.....enjoy!!!

Your absolutely right about the pro sport its a beautiful creation right enough BUT the main thing i personally do not like is the cocking lever design ! couldn't imagine doing a full days shooting with that your hand would be in shreds, and whilst i do not wish to appear tight fisted the 97k with the Nikko Airking 4-12x32 and one piece mount all together came in around the same price as the pro sport, so jobs a good un

And yes i am already eyeing up my next purchase/s (do not tell my wife )

thanks again for all the assistance, i am just off to create a new post as sadly the CR20 had its first run out with me today and it was simply awful so im looking for some help again

take care my friend