Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zastava GP45 - What Terrific Fun!

Grips

Does anyone know if the Zastava hand grip fit on the drulov? If so, does anyone know where supplies them?

Looking at the pic below (from previous bbs thread) it appears they would. There would be a spacer mod needed to allow for the longer 12 grm gas chamber.

Baz

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...45_vs_du10.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks Baz, i was wondering about the gas chamber compatibility. I'm still trying to track down a supplier for the grips

Quote Originally Posted by Benson100 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Zastava hand grip fit on the drulov? If so, does anyone know where supplies them?
    The Drulov grip will fit the Zastava so assume it will be the same vice versa. I spent ages trying to find Drulov grips for mine but drew a blank.

As far as I'm aware, other than the grip and the co2 charging options, the guns are identical.
    Most excellent guns, superb bit of engineering, the closest you can get to the feel of a rapid fire .22 short.
    They were designed for the Czech teams so they could practice safely away from the range and the guns mimic the weight, balance and recoil of the competition pistols of the era.

I'm thinking of selling mine as it's getting no use, so watch out for it in the future.

As...

...far as I know having owned both, but not simultaneously, they are identical. Bloody good fun was shooting my current Zastava last night
    Pardon?

Design-wise they are certainly identical. The Drulov is built to a better specification and has a more solid feel the the Zavasta, but both are excellent pistols. I have one of each and run them both on bulk fill at present.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    Design-wise they are certainly identical. The Drulov is built to a better specification and has a more solid feel the the Zavasta, but both are excellent pistols. I have one of each and run them both on bulk fill at present.
    Would you say they both have identical range accuracy?

Hi Guys, i'm looking to buy a Zastava GP45, anyone willing to part with one? I'll give it a good home.

GP45 Update

After my initial improvements to its performance, my GP45 had slipped back into its old ways.

I put it away for a while as I was discovering the joys of the Webley Tempest, but it was always at the back of my mind.

So I have had another go at the trigger mechanism, adding some PTFE shims to the sear and latch, and a more extensive polish to the trigger 'block'. I think the main problem all along has been the trigger mechanism being sluggish on the return cycle and not latching the hammer/piston rod.

It now really does seem to behave, even when I crank the power screw up, it does not seem to fire two pellets at once.

Looking forward to getting back with the turning targets again!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?