Thread: First go!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First go!

I bought a navy arms flintlock musket at Christmas and haven't had chance to use it til today, when I went up to Wedgnock. It's bloody marvellous, such good fun!
    I think this could get very addictive indeed! I even managed to get a few in the black!
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

Cant beat a bit of click,phut, BANG.!!!

you just need to go again now jamie ,all good fun

What is it?

Any chance of a photo?

It's a .58 smoothbore navy arms harpers ferry musket. Pics are a bit tricky this week, I'm working away at the moment, I'll try to sort some at the weekend (hoping to go back to Wedgnock!)

Can't believe how sweet it was to shoot, no recoil to speak of and a lovely bang!
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    It's a .58 smoothbore navy arms harpers ferry musket. Pics are a bit tricky this week, I'm working away at the moment, I'll try to sort some at the weekend (hoping to go back to Wedgnock!)

Can't believe how sweet it was to shoot, no recoil to speak of and a lovely bang!
    In which case you are not loading it enough. Are you patching the ball? Are you using around 80 -100gr of FFg? If not, then you might as well be shooting a water pistol....

tac, believer in booming