Thread: ASI Paratrooper

ASI Paratrooper

Hello, a good friend of mine has the above in .22. Not in bad condition for a 35-40year old, sometimes it cocks- sometimmes it doesn't so needs a little tlc. It has the sticker intact and all bits seem to be present. I'm not sure how to do photos but could anyone give an idea of value as he wants to sell. Thanks in advance.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scratch View Post
    Hello, a good friend of mine has the above in .22. Not in bad condition for a 35-40year old, sometimes it cocks- sometimmes it doesn't so needs a little tlc. It has the sticker intact and all bits seem to be present. I'm not sure how to do photos but could anyone give an idea of value as he wants to sell. Thanks in advance.
    I don't like to give valuations, but until you get another one, this will have to do.
    Without pics, and with what appears to be a sear or sear spring problem,which are quite common on these, I would guess at £35 collected. With the silly postage rules and rates now, it is killing the low end of the market.
    If it was the repeater version and complete, then £10 or £15 more I'd guess.
    These guns do have their fans (not me) so he should get a sale.
    With the sear sorted and without a monster mainspring, they are quite decent little plinkers, but just not my cuppa.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I was messing about with mine the other day and discovered that if its the model with the long front stocks, if either of the screws above and to the rear of the trigger, are too far in, it will foul the long bar which lifts the sear free of the piston. simply when not cocked, pull the trigger and at the same time unscrew these screws slightly till you feel no resistance at all. The trigger arrangement on these is so simple, its akin to an old fashioned crossbow.
    Donald

The same type of rifle was for sale on my local forum and sold for 90 quid
    Defo worth more than 35/40
    Especially if the sear is an easy fix

I just happen to have mine up for swap in the for sale section, but would also take 90 posted for it. 😄
    Donald

wow, the last tie I saw an ASI Paratrooper was probably in the 70s

I have six of these rifles all repeaters MK1's and MK2's.Great fun for the back garden plinking but my collecting has got out of hand so will have to sell one or two now.Not everyone's cup of tea but I do like the simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    I have six of these rifles all repeaters MK1's and MK2's.Great fun for the back garden plinking but my collecting has got out of hand so will have to sell one or two now.Not everyone's cup of tea but I do like the simplicity.
    I too have one ( A repeater ) in VERY good condition with a boxed unused scope it came with .

I was offered for them " on here " £100 , Yes I still have it,

I only mention this as I have 50 guns to get rid of, I was thinking of contacting Holts & see what they have to say,
    Anyone sold with them, Or another auction house maybe, ( contact me )
    As regards selling on the Forum, I have bought & sold many, IE Fair prices all around, But I do not think a number of valuations prices are acceptable.

!
    I say this , As my mate Guy suggests £35 for the Paratrooper , ? And it was suggested £35 each for the Bsa Scorpion pistols I recently resealed & Asked for a valuation. ( I sold one for £75 + post) & still have the others, Probably " That site " in bits.
    A valuation price adheres to all purchasers minds ! Whether fair or not.
    I like all members know what they paid for an item , Including post , To include post means the seller paying twice.

Just a thought , Ged.

Paratrooper

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    I too have one ( A repeater ) in VERY good condition with a boxed unused scope it came with .

I was offered for them " on here " £100 , Yes I still have it,

I only mention this as I have 50 guns to get rid of, I was thinking of contacting Holts & see what they have to say,
    Anyone sold with them, Or another auction house maybe, ( contact me )
    As regards selling on the Forum, I have bought & sold many, IE Fair prices all around, But I do not think a number of valuations prices are acceptable.

!
    I say this , As my mate Guy suggests £35 for the Paratrooper , ? And it was suggested £35 each for the Bsa Scorpion pistols I recently resealed & Asked for a valuation. ( I sold one for £75 + post) & still have the others, Probably " That site " in bits.
    A valuation price adheres to all purchasers minds ! Whether fair or not.
    I like all members know what they paid for an item , Including post , To include post means the seller paying twice.

Just a thought , Ged.
    Paratrooper now SOLD Thanks for all the input guys.