Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt SAA Peacemaker CO2 Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I may be wrong in saying this but I thought that you load the carts from the back unlike most other cart type revolvers so there is nothing stopping you from putting pellets in instead of bbs but for pellets to work it would need to have a rifled barrel.

Difficult to tell. The cartridges will have little protuberances to hold the bb in place and these might interfere with the loading/flight of the pellet.

Although a rifled barrel is better, pellets can shoot very well from a smooth barrel, particularly over a short range.

Umarex Colt SAA

Review in the latest Guns of the Old West magazine and they liked it. Mine would be the nickel finished one. Now where's my Winchester and Stetson?

I notice the dummy shells load from the rear, does that mean you could just leave them in situ to load direct into the rear of the cases?

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Review in the latest Guns of the Old West magazine and they liked it. Mine would be the nickel finished one. Now where's my Winchester and Stetson?

I notice the dummy shells load from the rear, does that mean you could just leave them in situ to load direct into the rear of the cases?
    Sounds like you probably could but it might be difficult to get them seated correctly through the gate, you might have to use some kind if seating tool.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Sounds like you probably could but it might be difficult to get them seated correctly through the gate, you might have to use some kind if seating tool.

Yes, I always find those little bbs tricky to handle and they end up all over the place

Anyway, to my mind, loading and unloading the cartridges is part of the experience and as close to the real thing as I'm ever going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    Yes, I always find those little bbs tricky to handle and they end up all over the place

Anyway, to my mind, loading and unloading the cartridges is part of the experience and as close to the real thing as I'm ever going to get.
    Yes, there is that.

I keep hoping that one day we will see other guns operating with dummy cartridges, even more so now we have them designed for pellets. A Winchester would be nice or a bolt action rifle, or even something simple like a deringer or Center Arms Contender. Who knows, maybe even an automatic pistol.

We had similar guns using Tacs after all. I'd certainly pay the extra for something like that.

There are a couple of shell-ejecting pistols, though they are airsoft and use green gas. The problem is space to accommodate the CO2 as well as the shells. A workable solution would be to have an integral gas store arrangement in the magazine that could be filled from a 12g capsule using a screw-in adaptor.

I certainly like the idea of a shell-loading pellet Winchester and with a rifle there is plenty of space to store the gas. Can't see that it would be very difficult to design and make - provided that the will to do so was there.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    There are a couple of shell-ejecting pistols, though they are airsoft and use green gas. The problem is space to accommodate the CO2 as well as the shells. A workable solution would be to have an integral gas store arrangement in the magazine that could be filled from a 12g capsule using a screw-in adaptor.

I certainly like the idea of a shell-loading pellet Winchester and with a rifle there is plenty of space to store the gas. Can't see that it would be very difficult to design and make - provided that the will to do so was there.
    Uberti used to make a Winchester that was quite happy cycling TACs, also the fairly awesome Brocock Predator did the same with removable box magazines and a bolt action, like you say plenty of room for CO2 in a rifle. I suppose on some automatics you could find room in the gun but it would really depend on the shape\style to fit a full 12g in there.

You have obviously never shot a repeating firearm when you want to keep the empty cases. Auto pistols and rifles can chuck cases quite a way and they have a habit of rolling into nooks and crannies. Winchester's will also do this. It's bad enough when the cases are 10p each but when they are nearer to £2 each you will spend more time trying to find them than shooting.
    I used to think nothing of going through 100-200 9mm in a range session and it was bad enough putting the bullets into a magazine or a cylinder without having to load them with a BB first.

My first .44 magnum was an Uberti cattleman which was a colt peacemaker look a like. I was very fond of that pistol but it rolled too much in the hand which made a quick second shot difficult. The S&W 629 which I replaced it with was a much more usable pistol but didn't have the character the Uberti had.

I have ordered a umarex colt in nickel and I have been told it will be about another two weeks according to their rep.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    You have obviously never shot a repeating firearm when you want to keep the empty cases. Auto pistols and rifles can chuck cases quite a way and they have a habit of rolling into nooks and crannies. Winchester's will also do this. It's bad enough when the cases are 10p each but when they are nearer to £2 each you will spend more time trying to find them than shooting.
    I used to think nothing of going through 100-200 9mm in a range session and it was bad enough putting the bullets into a magazine or a cylinder without having to load them with a BB first.

My first .44 magnum was an Uberti cattleman which was a colt peacemaker look a like. I was very fond of that pistol but it rolled too much in the hand which made a quick second shot difficult. The S&W 629 which I replaced it with was a much more usable pistol but didn't have the character the Uberti had.

I have ordered a umarex colt in nickel and I have been told it will be about another two weeks according to their rep.
    That's where one's bearer (co opted family member) comes in

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    You have obviously never shot a repeating firearm when you want to keep the empty cases.
    Many times chap, many times though not since the 90s.

Back to airguns, the Brococks I had it was £6 a shell so you always found them, not a big deal on a range or when plinking. Obviously your never going to hunting with this kind of gun and most of your shooting is going to be in a controlled environment so it's not too big a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Rather dissapointed at the ammount of crappy safety instructions, for our American friends, down the side of the barrel.

I hope that for the rest of the world they don't put that all over them.

Cheers

John
    hey john, mine has just arrived and the writing is there but hardly noticeable ..you cant see it unless you put it under a light ,shows up in the flash below but otherwise fine,,

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/...psuvt0wdrt.jpg

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by tradingnow2010 View Post
    hey john, mine has just arrived and the writing is there but hardly noticeable ..you cant see it unless you put it under a light ,shows up in the flash below but otherwise fine,,

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/...psuvt0wdrt.jpg

TELL ME MORE!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Me too!!
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Going back to being able to use pellets in them they do say that pellets are no more accurate than steel bbs in a smooth barrel but for people who like to shoot at metal targets or indoors and are worried about having steel bbs rebound it is good to have the choice of shooting pellets even if it would take longer to load them in the shells that is why I mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    Going back to being able to use pellets in them they do say that pellets are no more accurate than steel bbs in a smooth barrel but for people who like to shoot at metal targets or indoors and are worried about having steel bbs rebound it is good to have the choice of shooting pellets even if it would take longer to load them in the shells that is why I mentioned it.
    I hope to have one in about a week, so I'll be able to put that to the test - I think pellets are likely to be more accurate and certainly produce less flyers