Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt SAA Peacemaker CO2 Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    I hope to have one in about a week, so I'll be able to put that to the test - I think pellets are likely to be more accurate and certainly produce less flyers
    Not sure on that chap, you might be lucky with some guns but I find they often Keyhole on the target so must be tumbling. From my smooth bore Dan Wessons, Darts and BBs have an edge over pellets but I must confess I haven't tried many brands.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Is it just me or are the grips ever so slightly more straight than on real steel ?

I guess a compromise was needed to accomodate the CO2 ?

If you look very carefully you can see the grip is not quite right - almost but not quite .

Plenty of these coming up for sale on forums now . Nice looking thing .

Carl

Replica airguns has a new video for this Pistol >HERE< with some close up shots

Sadly, I'm a little disappointed. It's a little bit toy like, the fit and finish is not befitting the pedigree, the hammer looks wrong, the moulded in screws look rubbish (especially when extra real screws have been added), obvious seam marks and there's a safety catch (not needed if they got the hammer action right).

I'll probably still get one but the hammer was annoying me and now I'm a little more put off. Certainly doesn't look as good as the Webley MK VI.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

I fancy this one , they showing it as new arrivals but out of stock - Cardigan Sports -
    http://www.sportsguns.co.uk/newarriv...taarmyt-1.html
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

I notice Buinger are now showing this at €127
    http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/s...5-Peacemaker_1
    pity we will be paying more than £127 for them
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

You can buy them from Germany easily. Guy on here just bought two antique finish for Euro245 delivered (for both).

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I know I can buy them from Germany , But I want to be able to buy them in the UK for the same price instead of being ripped off.
    It's not the fault of the shops it the importers that are pushing the price up.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Perhaps part of the problem with 'rip off Britain' is that the transactions are restricted to face-to-face, or via another RFD.
    The Germany companies are selling mail order with less restriction and potentially have a much larger and wider customer base.

I have a very good RFD within a few miles, with a stock that must stretch to several hundred thousand pounds, but very little of it is airgun related.
    For a good selection of air pistols, I need to drive well over 100 miles, which adds £30 to any transaction I might make.
    Far easier (and cheaper) to select at leisure and order from elsewhere in the EU safe in the knowledge that the goodies will be delivered to the door withing a few days.
    Last edited by jassi; 09-05-2015 at 12:12 PM.

I was looking at a new stock for my anschutz match 54, the walther KK300 stock is 1000euro which is about £750 but in the UK they want to charge me £1200. This is not a thing that I have to buy face to face. It doesn't count as a firearm or component of a firearm, plus they don't even hold them in stock so they have no hidden costs, it's just someone is ripping me off.

Market forces, I suppose. The government seems very keen on market forces

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I know I can buy them from Germany , But I want to be able to buy them in the UK for the same price instead of being ripped off.
    It's not the fault of the shops it the importers that are pushing the price up.
    I think people are looking at it the wrong way. We are one big Eurozone now with no duties etc. Treat the other countries like Germany as part of your shopping area. Buy where you get the best deal, forget about the name of the country. That is the only way we will force competition to make prices cheaper. Lidls have come here and affected shopping habits and cheaper prices. We should shop there for what we are looking for.

Baz

Well I am very tempted once again ,are they selling them in that other german gun shop I wonder , anyone checked ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

I got my silver one from the Germans delivered to my door paid by c/card so it worked out at £130 all in its a funny old country that we live in when I cannot buy one by mail from a uk company and pay up to £190 for it but I can buy one from the EU for £60 cheaper but then I also voted UKIP so it looks like I am shooting myself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I got my silver one from the Germans delivered to my door paid by c/card so it worked out at £130 all in its a funny old country that we live in when I cannot buy one by mail from a uk company and pay up to £190 for it but I can buy one from the EU for £60 cheaper but then I also voted UKIP so it looks like I am shooting myself in the foot.
    Well done for using your initiative and getting quicker delivery and better price. Keep muzzle from pointing at foot and you will be O.K. !

Baz