Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colt SAA Peacemaker CO2 Revolver

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher king View Post
    Is it just me or are the grips ever so slightly more straight than on real steel ?

I guess a compromise was needed to accomodate the CO2 ?

If you look very carefully you can see the grip is not quite right - almost but not quite .

l
    Yes, the leading edge is too verticle. How disappointing! Like the disappointing Mauser Schnellfeur C96 instead of the normal Mauser C96.

Boo hoo.

As we can't be trusted with the real thing, I guess we'll just have to put up with what is allowed

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I got my silver one from the Germans delivered to my door paid by c/card so it worked out at £130 all in its a funny old country that we live in when I cannot buy one by mail from a uk company and pay up to £190 for it but I can buy one from the EU for £60 cheaper but then I also voted UKIP so it looks like I am shooting myself in the foot.
    Can I please ask where from?
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Sorry I did not look here yesterday this is the place you will need to send a photo of your driving licence to prove that you are over 18 but that is it.

They are expecting a new batch of the silver ones in any day now so if you put an order in you should not have to wait long I have had three guns from them and you can trust them.

http://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/...89a1d626d45904
    Last edited by beagle2; 12-05-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Sorry I did not look here yesterday this is the place you will need to send a photo of your driving licence to prove that you are over 18 but that is it.

They are expecting a new batch of the silver ones in any day now so if you put an order in you should not have to wait long I have had three guns from them and you can trust them.

http://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/...89a1d626d45904
    That's great, thank you for that.
    I was thinking about ordering from Europe and was wondering how customs would know the difference between CO2 guns and airsoft guns which come under the VCRA??

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    That's great, thank you for that.
    I was thinking about ordering from Europe and was wondering how customs would know the difference between CO2 guns and airsoft guns which come under the VCRA??
    I think that the shop supplies the shipper with details about what is in the box and as the 4.5mm bb guns are regarded as airguns but if the same gun has the 6mm barrel it is said to be an airsoft gun with all of the restrictions that it brings after all we do live in the UK so one should not expect logic to enter in to it.

I thought that Western pistol design was exempt from that rule anyway due to the age of design ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

I think that the shop supplies the shipper with details about what is in the box and as the 4.5mm bb guns are regarded as airguns but if the same gun has the 6mm barrel it is said to be an airsoft gun with all of the restrictions that it brings after all we do live in the UK so one should not expect logic to enter in to it.
    Many thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated. It's a shame as there is a very nice Umarex H&K 416 and MP7 on the website link you provided but it looks like they are classed as airsoft rather than CO2

And I think you're right about age of design thing hawkeye, I can't remember the exact date but I'm sure 'cowboy' guns are pretty much exempt if airsoft.

Many thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated. It's a shame as there is a very nice Umarex H&K 416 and MP7 on the website link you provided but it looks like they are classed as airsoft rather than CO2

And I think you're right about age of design thing hawkeye, I can't remember the exact date but I'm sure 'cowboy' guns are pretty much exempt if airsoft.
    The problem with ordering an airsoft gun its up to the customs you may get it or you may not some people have ordered them and got them when I ordered my Nagant I would have liked to have got the 6mm version as they do not put the stupid trads on them like they do the 4.5 but its a risk and with well over £100 at stake I would not like to risk them ceasing it in the end it is up to you and if you can afford to loose the money.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    I thought that Western pistol design was exempt from that rule anyway due to the age of design ?
    Sorry gents...the exemption you're thinking off covers pre-1870 firearms....Colt Peacemaker is too 'modern' at 1873 so would be classed as a RIF in airsoft

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Sorry gents...the exemption you're thinking off covers pre-1870 firearms....Colt Peacemaker is too 'modern' at 1873 so would be classed as a RIF in airsoft
    You are correct on the dates but I think that the Peacemaker still falls into the exemption, hence you can buy the absolutely divine Uberti and Pietta blankfire versions in all of their colour case hardened glory (i.e. not orange) without UKARA membership.

Have a looksie here

I am not sure what the rules state but I was able to buy one without UKARA.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    You are correct on the dates but I think that the Peacemaker still falls into the exemption, hence you can buy the absolutely divine Uberti and Pietta blankfire versions in all of their colour case hardened glory (i.e. not orange) without UKARA membership.

Have a looksie here

I am not sure what the rules state but I was able to buy one without UKARA.
    Depends on the retailer...there are some out there seemingly willing to take the risk. However, the law is clear and the peacemaker does not fall within the exemption...see here for some perhaps better qualified advice on the issue... https://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/ind...-and-replicas/

Sorry did not read full thread...

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 16-05-2015 at 08:27 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I've got the Nickel and the Blued Versions, with the US Marshall LTD. soon on it's way.
    Don't know if you get the Blued version in UK, but it's an exceptional beauty!

BB King's Gone But I Still got the the Blues

I've got the Nickel and the Blued versions, with the LTD. US Marshall on the way soon!
    I don't know if You get the Blued version in the UK, but it's an exceptional Beauty.
    Think I'll call her Lucille!