Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drulov lov21

Drulov lov21

I Purchased one of these for my youngest to start learning pistol shooting as it was light and easy to handle and took it to my club tonight to zero in, ABS construction, CO2 powered, single stage trigger oh and very cheap to buy. The trigger was a little heavy when I first used it however the spring can be moved in the housing to give a much lighter and crisper let off without any permanent modification to the pistol or spring.

Now whilst this pistol won't win any beauty contests it was actually very pleasant to shoot, what was more of a surprise was the single hole groups and the 46/50 & 47/50 cards I shot with it,
    Conclusion, for £80 this is a great little pistol to get a youngster started in target shooting, in theory you could get the gun, a case, some pellets and Co2 caps for less the £100 which has to be a bargain.
    It would also appear to like Geco's which makes it even nicer as these are also nice and cheap.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks for the heads up,quite like adding pistols to the collection.

BILL50

Nige

A colleague of mine uses this for coaching youngsters as it enables them to hold two handed and it is an easy pistol to operate. I hope to find one myself at some point as it is also a nice good value pistol to own.
    Regards, Phil

Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by discotwo View Post
    Nige

A colleague of mine uses this for coaching youngsters as it enables them to hold two handed and it is an easy pistol to operate. I hope to find one myself at some point as it is also a nice good value pistol to own.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Any pictures or links available?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Pm sent
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

The Drulov Lov 21 appears to be almost identical to one of the pure laser pistols called the Pioneer
    Regards, Phil

I picked my LOV21 pistol up yesterday. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=0 a.k.a. Plastic Fantastic.

It cost me just under £90 (plus any RFD charges). I have a good friend in Dave Mercer so he did it for nowt.

First impressions? I was very pleased. Better build quality than I had expected and it came with a spare CO2 cap as well. The cocking bolt was very stiff but a drop of light oil soon had that working fine.
    I took it to the club that night and tried it over our 10m range This was the first card STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=3

Things improved a little later. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=2 and http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=1. Thats with the pellets I had with me (R10s) and the fact I was to busy trying to nosey what was going on in the social area. Later we had the best laugh Ive had in years.

Faults: (Well what do you expect from a £90 pistol). The back sight windage is via two screws. One you release the other you tighten. To complicated (fiddly) for my little brain. Elevation is by the normal one screw. The plastic grip - well didn't grip.
    The trigger was a pleasant surprise. and it comes with a 24 month warranty and a two page A4 instruction sheet with exploded diagram and classics like: ' Be careful about an accident hazard during nut manipulation' (or cut your finger nails. )

One of our club members, Andy Mc (AMAC on here) had a go and was soon putting in very tight groups. Hes going to get one. I cant wait for our club 'Dead-Eye-Dick' Paul Wray to have a go with it.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could start a sub £150 10m pistol postal compt. Keeping the pistols basically standard, allowing say trigger, power (reduction),grip mods etc but NO replacing the barrel/sights with Steyr stuff etc. A good CHEAP introduction to our sport that new comers and old hands could enjoy. A level playing field were its the skill not the equipment.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    This sounds an ideal starter pistol for some of the younsters at the club rather than the Gamo's which usually require a loader to cock them.
    Does anyone have details of suppliers please?

Thanks
    Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    This sounds an ideal starter pistol for some of the younsters at the club rather than the Gamo's which usually require a loader to cock them.

Thanks
    Harvey
    I bought mine through GunStar off Sure Shot Airguns (www.sureshot-airguns.co.uk) The gentleman at the other end, Matt, was good to deal with.

http://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/lov-21/

I have no connection with this company.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post

Thanks
    Harvey
    With the strength of the pound relative to the Czech crown at the moment, if you were buying a few for a club it might be worth getting them from a Czech supplier. This site is selling them for about £45, but states they won't post abroad, but I'm sure there are shops that will.

Matt

Up at the club tonight I used the trigger pull weights and found out that my example had a let off pressure of 900 gms (but it feels less.) I have also decided that the back sight notch isn't big enough, and, as its not adjustable I will get the needle files out and widen it.

ATB
    Ian

got mine from the same supplier, agree the rear sight ain't the best but with a little re-shaping can be made acceptable, I also adjusted the sight sight blade to remove the up/down play that is present, the trigger can be very easily made lighter by simply relocating the end of the spring to just under the valve body, mine now breaks at 510g, my kids can put in much better cards with this than the Gamo and can reload and cock it themselve, I am now purchasing another for my club, great little pistol for very little money
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could start a sub £150 10m pistol postal compt. Keeping the pistols basically standard, allowing say trigger, power (reduction),grip mods etc but NO replacing the barrel/sights with Steyr stuff etc. A good CHEAP introduction to our sport that new comers and old hands could enjoy. A level playing field were its the skill not the equipment.

ATB
    Ian
    I can honestly say that I an not being out shot because someone has a better gun than me...

Had my Lov 21 for three years now everyone at the club who has tried it is very impressed how well it shoots for such a cheap pistol.
    I have to agree with the comments regarding the width of the rear sight notch but that is an easy fix with a small file.