Thread: Desperate CR20 help needed please

Unhappy Desperate CR20 help needed please

Hi everyone,

I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong forum,

Are there any other CR20 owners here who could help me please, i took my new (to me) but 2nd hand CR20 on the range for the first time today and i am utterly appalled at the results, i started with 2 fresh CO2 carts in the walther adaptor at 25mtrs i fired 5 rounds dead centre using the bipod and the target looked like it had been hit with a shotgun shell the group size was about 3" in total i fired 24 rounds and it got steadily worse to the point were i could actually see the rounds bouncing off the target board they didnt even mark the target, just what sort of accuracy should i be expecting?, from the write up i was thinking frankly of all 5 in the same hole, i have also been firing a HW97k all this week and consistently got 1" groups at similar distances so its not the shooter. Sorry again but i am new to all this techy stuff and i dont know how to upload the pics of the targets so any assistance with that would also be fab !

Thanks in advance for any help any kind soul can offer

take care
    Dk

Maybe you have a leak of the co2 and this would result in the lack of power. I have a co2 powered target rifle and if the co2 is towards the low level the power isnt as strong as when the co2 cylinder is full.

Quote Originally Posted by derrenk View Post

Thanks in advance for any help any kind soul can offer

take care
    Dk
    Maybe try: a different scope, clean the barrel, different pellets, test over a chrono... but it all sounds a bit 'bad' to be honest

Being Co2, in my very limited experience, the quicker you shoot = the colder it gets = the slower it gets.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 23-03-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks chaps,

Rick it was the first thing i did mate stripped it as far as you can gave it a good clean etc, off to see the lovely chaps at BAR this morning see what can be done.

On the plus side my amazingly fantastic bestest wife in the whole of existence told me this morning that if i wanted i could always go for a trade in and get the AA MPR FT ! who's a lucky boy

keep safe
    Dk

Quote Originally Posted by derrenk View Post
    Thanks chaps,

Rick it was the first thing i did mate stripped it as far as you can gave it a good clean etc, off to see the lovely chaps at BAR this morning see what can be done.

On the plus side my amazingly fantastic bestest wife in the whole of existence told me this morning that if i wanted i could always go for a trade in and get the AA MPR FT ! who's a lucky boy

keep safe
    Dk
    Mate, not saying anything against the CR20 in general (as I know nothing about them), but I'd grab the Mrs with both hands, give her a kiss, then grab the MPR with both hands!

Best of luck - Phil

Had another good chat with the chaps, it's hopefully sorted now, bloody thing shot straight as you like!

Phil I will be getting the AA just not this week ;-) hoping to keep hold of the CR if she behaves

Take care
    Derren