... and no, not at any price.....

Jerry

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Like this, you mean?

... and no, not at any price.....
    Bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I'm only aware of two lengths of the 88 - the full length (circa 16" barrel) - I still have this one
    - and the Ultra carbine ~ 8" barrel (sold that one)

Regular 88s in good nick worth 500-600

Ultra Ks, as many have noted on this thread, are MUCH rarer, and I stand by my earlier valuation, or even a bit higher.

Also, some of the the latter 88s were HE; my full length is pre, by ultra K was HE. I'm non sure there was ever a non-HE version of the ultra K though ?

Finally, my ultra K was a thumbhole; not sure if they are were.

Either way, it's a loverly gun and worth good money

** now what I really want is a .177 Imperator FT **
    I would disagree Jon the 88 was hand made compared to the 98
    I would have said the 88 £600. -700 the 98 £500 -600
    And let me remind you evo's are common and only worth £150-200
    According to one individual

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    I would disagree Jon the 88 was hand made compared to the 98
    I would have said the 88 £600. -700 the 98 £500 -600
    I'd say £100 less for each, but maybe I'm just tight In fact, I'd say the 98 is worth quite a bit less; personally my 88 is going nowhere and I'd not pay more than £400 for a 98
    That 88 you almost bought (from here) a year or so ago, was around £550 wasn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    And let me remind you evo's are common and only worth £150-200
    According to one individual
    LOL, seems a little on the cheap side. You can barely get a bashed around old sirocco for that !

JB
    (owner of a bashed around sirocco too)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I'd say £100 less for each, but maybe I'm just tight In fact, I'd say the 98 is worth quite a bit less; personally my 88 is going nowhere and I'd not pay more than £400 for a 98
    That 88 you almost bought (from here) a year or so ago, was around £550 wasn't it ?

LOL, seems a little on the cheap side. You can barely get a bashed around old sirocco for that !

JB
    (owner of a bashed around sirocco too)
    Folks seem to be hanging on to both models
    One of our mutual friends was offer serious money
    For his 88 and I can see the prices going up
    Cheers Ray

The only sticking point is with rifles such as this, even if a collectable is valued at £1000 and only taking offers say £600 then that is it's true market value. The owner most probably then will hold on to it thus making the whole "what's it worth" completely irrelevant. By the way who actually repairs older Theoben's now? Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    The only sticking point is with rifles such as this, even if a collectable is valued at £1000 and only taking offers say £600 then that is it's true market value. The owner most probably then will hold on to it thus making the whole "what's it worth" completely irrelevant. By the way who actually repairs older Theoben's now? Derek
    Of course, you are right.

I just fix my own, when (rarely) needed - they are really simple if you are in any way "engineering" inclined

Thanks guys. From here and other sources, it would seem that this should easily move for around the £600 mark, up to £800 if i found the right collector.

Torn. I can't bring myself to use it in case i damage it. Shame to leave it in the back of the cabinet, but as many have said, if i sell it, i won't see another one!

Might just have to polish it for a bit longer!

Quote Originally Posted by topgun35 View Post
    Thanks guys. From here and other sources, it would seem that this should easily move for around the £600 mark, up to £800 if i found the right collector.

Torn. I can't bring myself to use it in case i damage it. Shame to leave it in the back of the cabinet, but as many have said, if i sell it, i won't see another one!

Might just have to polish it for a bit longer!

Wise decision mate, but if you decide to let it go, you will not have any trouble moving it!!!!

Just wondering, how does the single shot tray work on the Imperator rifles? Any one got pictures of the receiver where the mag / tray sits? Thanks. Derek

The first Imperator .177 rifles had a flexible plastic single shot tray, which if you allowed a pellet to fall back into the breech, did not take kindly to being removed, and then replaced. If it could be at all.

Some time after Theoben brought out the .177 98 (Ninety-eight) not only was a 7 shot .177 magazine made available but also a solid plastic single shot tray for both the .177 and .22.
    You could now have the best of all worlds - ie you could have a pre HE SLR88 (best version) in .177 flavour, with both a magazine and an easily removable single shot tray!

The .177 magazines are very rare however as I don't think they were around that long before Theoben packed up.

Slr88

I have heard that impact airguns are have some on the way. The have single shot trays. Give them a call
    I'm sure they will help. 01353 77 53 53

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Here we go, picture of the .177 Imperator loading tray:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkvusj4oyu..._Tray.JPG?dl=0

slug-gun is 100% correct, pellets would fall back behind it when probe was retracted, when the SLR98 .177 came out I bought a single loading tray (machined from stiff plastic) in hope that it will fit and it does!

Here is a picture of 2 of my old .177 Imperators (with a BTAS HFT400):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n74r0m8hsg...01227.JPG?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf9w8hbeb4...01228.JPG?dl=0

One lives with Jerry, the other is somewhere up north, both were sold for around £750, but you could buy a Whiscombe for £750 back in those days!
    Thankyou Nurek I think a slide over single shot tray made of high grade alloy would of looked better than a gaping slot. Thanks again. Derek