Thread: BSF B55 standard in 0.177 cal, valuation required.

BSF B55 standard in 0.177 cal, valuation required.

As title, picked up in a swap during a "foolish moment" a couple of weeks ago but can't make my mind up if I really want to keep it or not. Condition fair to good, cocks and fires, power unknown (I don't use any of my old airguns, only shooting "new" stuff") and comes with open sights fitted. What's a ballpark figure to ask for when I come to sell it ?

Thanks in advance, Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 26-03-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Thumbs up

Hi Vic

I found a friend was selling one for £100 a couple of years ago, I got it for a nice chap on here (Fatman) The stock was good but the action needed reblueing as the last owner had tried a cold blue job that didn't take very well

I'd say in good overall condition probably around £175 (I may be miles out as i'm rubbish with pricing guns!! )

Hopefully someone in the know will reply soon

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Vic

I found a friend was selling one for £100 a couple of years ago, I got it for a nice chap on here (Fatman) The stock was good but the action needed reblueing as the last owner had tried a cold blue job that didn't take very well

I'd say in good overall condition probably around £175 (I may be miles out as i'm rubbish with pricing guns!! )

Hopefully someone in the know will reply soon

John
    yes John, still have it, rebluded and and a tune/kit byWelsh Willi, fitted with a period Optima 4x32WA scope shes a firm favourite in my collection. and is allways popular when shes taken to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    As title, picked up in a swap during a "foolish moment" a couple of weeks ago but can't make my mind up if I really want to keep it or not. Condition fair to good, cocks and fires, power unknown (I don't use any of my old airguns, only shooting "new" stuff") and comes with open sights fitted. What's a ballpark figure to ask for when I come to sell it ?

Thanks in advance, Vic Thompson.
    Hello Vic could you post some pics plese and we can have allok. I think IJ has nearrly all the BSF,s ever made so he would be a good person to ask. atb Dave.

I've just taken a couple of poiccies but don't have any hosting facility, can anyone here "put them up" for me ?

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

I seem to remember paying about 50 quid for my brand new B55 - but that was somewhere about 1969! My 'penny's worth' would be, tatty (like mine, unfortunately) £80, good £120, up to £180+ for a 'minter'. These slightly boring-looking guns didn't sell in huge numbers and so are relatively rare now, and still very usable.

I still remember the shock of firing the first few shots, after using an old meteor for years. The gun cracked like a cartridge rifle and pellets ripped easily through both sides of the sturdy tin cans I was using as targets, and then splatted on the wall behind. Impressive - I would guess very close to the then recently introduced legal limit.
    Last edited by scrapman; 28-03-2015 at 09:39 AM.

I picked my last BSF55 up last year from a local dealer for £125. It was a bit tatty, the blueing had faded and the stock had one or two small dings and scratches but

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cool Nice guns

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    As title, picked up in a swap during a "foolish moment" a couple of weeks ago but can't make my mind up if I really want to keep it or not. Condition fair to good, cocks and fires, power unknown (I don't use any of my old airguns, only shooting "new" stuff") and comes with open sights fitted. What's a ballpark figure to ask for when I come to sell it ? Thanks in advance, Vic Thompson.

Hardly a 'foolish moment' in my book.
    Do you have any images Vic?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 02-04-2015 at 07:51 AM.

BSF marksman 55

I have a beeman import Marksman 55 (Santa Rosa) .177

Bought it the the USA. Condition is very good.

Has a Rekord trigger.........same internals as my Beeman R10.

It twanged like a good un, but a after a new maccari spring, custom guide/tophat/psiton line and vortek seal it fires beautifully. I have kept the original internals.

I paid $250 posted ( 167 quid).

Very nice gun for the collection