Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X3200 Xcortech chronograph

X3200 Xcortech chronograph

Has anyone tried the X3200 Xcortech chronograph? stumbled across it on , (item number 171311277880) seems pretty good for the money?

Only really useful for airsoft use as it only works out the power based on popular 6m BB weights.

For the money, i'd say a Combro is far more useful, and the aftersales support is second to none!
    Ex-Airgunner

Is the combro compatible with FAC rifles? i used to have one with my old 12ftlb rifle

Quote Originally Posted by spready View Post
    Is the combro compatible with FAC rifles? i used to have one with my old 12ftlb rifle
    Yes, as long as you are talking FAC AIR rifles. If you are talking rimfire or centrefire, then a Chrony or Prochrono are your best bet.

The Combro will tell you instantly the FPS and the FPE providing the correct pellet weight has been entered prior to shooting. If you are using on an FAC springer, ensure the combro is attached to the barrel securely with something like a velcro strap to stop it moving with the recoil.
    Ex-Airgunner

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quite a popular item, but I'm pretty certain I've seen replies to questions in the past stating they are unsuitable for airguns....

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Quite a popular item, but I'm pretty certain I've seen replies to questions in the past stating they are unsuitable for airguns....
    You are talking about the Xcortech aren't you? Combro's were made for airguns
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    You are talking about the Xcortech aren't you? Combro's were made for airguns
    Yep, I was refering to the OP....

I think it has been said on here that it is springers that can have problems with the Combro.
    PURBECK FTC (formally South Dorset FTC) SWEFTA League Champions 2011
    HW100k, Daystate Tsar, BSA Stalker

Yep, I was refering to the OP....
    Cracking I was a little confused, and thought you must be talking about that one
    Ex-Airgunner

secretagentmole Guest

Yes and I have one as well.

I bought it mainly for testing underlever air rifles. Have tested it in conjunction with the Combro and it reads a foot per second or so under the Combro for speed (I assume that is the pellet slowing down in flight)! Very good but can be a backsiding pain when trying to line up for .177 testing (speaking from experience).

They are designed primarily for paintball but do have the ability to be programmed for pellet size and weight! They display the energy reading in Joules only but will display feet per second.

Not bad but a Combro is better.

Just bought a Combro ... cheers for the advice guys

Combros are good, but unreliable for co2 guns as the co2 can confuse the sensors -if that happens try shooting through a sheet of paper which normally works to keep the co2 cloud from interfering with the readings.

secretagentmole Guest
    Combros are good, but unreliable for co2 guns as the co2 can confuse the sensors -if that happens try shooting through a sheet of paper which normally works to keep the co2 cloud from interfering with the readings.
    Why do people keep saying this? Never, ever had a problem with CO2 power and the Combro and I had a QB78DL!

I think it may be the Crossman CO2 cartridges which have a lot of oil in them.

The first shot from a cold gun is fine and dandy. Subsequent shots push barrel residue out in front of the pellet.

If you shoot through paper or masking tape, any oil ahead of the pellet cannot get through so the pellet arrives at fresh optics.

If it makes no difference you do not have the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? Never, ever had a problem with CO2 power and the Combro and I had a QB78DL!
    Er, because I've had 2 and both of them did it....