Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HW100 Shotgun!

Take it back ,its been well known fact, that a few barrels have had issues , mine did , sent it back to Hull Cartridge ,had a new one put on it and its superb now

Take it back and ask for your money back as it is "not fit for purpose" - so you are cancelling the contract. They can't refuse.
    However they may offer to replace it (with a new one) which might suit you.

They might also offer to "take a look at it" and potentially to "repair it". If you accept a repair you are not subsequently entitled to get your money back.

You could accept them testing it before giving you your money back, provided that you stipulate you are not wanting them to repair it.
    AA TX200, HFT 500, AS400 .22
    Daystate Grand Prix & Mk3
    Parker-Hale/PAX Phoenix Mk2: .22 & .177

I'm not familiar with new HWs but is the silencer a 'push on' ? I had no end of trouble with mine ( an old model ) until I tried an adapter for the UNF thread. - Problem solved. You can't always be sure the pellet is not clipping just by looking at it.

This sounds very strange........

Its quite simple though, you must be doing something wrong...

After a recent thread I have been assured that the HW100 was the best built rifle in existence and such, dare I even utter the word....."Faults" ... Are impossible with this model.

So with that cleared up it must be down to........Lets see....Your ability? Too much caffeine before shooting? The wife finding out how much it really cost? The Tories getting re-elected?

On a serious note though its obviously just gravitational shift affecting the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wezdavo View Post

After a recent thread I have been assured that the HW100 was the best built rifle in existence and such, dare I even utter the word....."Faults" ... Are impossible with this model.

So with that cleared up it must be down to........Lets see....Your ability? Too much caffeine before shooting? The wife finding out how much it really cost? The Tories getting re-elected?

On a serious note though its obviously just gravitational shift affecting the shot.
    I do just love a bit of biting sarcasm before bedtime.....

When a rifle is not grouping the first basic action to take is remove the silencer before testing again whether you can see clipping or not. With the HW100 the second thing to check is the allen screw clamping the barrel.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

It must be the fact the wife found out how much it costs, added to this after last nights Paxman interviews it looks like the Torries will get in again. Problem solved!

As an aside, it's a new gun it shouldn't be doing this, I shpuldn't have to start taking it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    It must be the fact the wife found out how much it costs, added to this after last nights Paxman interviews it looks like the Torries will get in again. Problem solved!

As an aside, it's a new gun it shouldn't be doing this, I shpuldn't have to start taking it apart.
    In regards to taking it apart, very true mate, I wouldnt, just take it back and ask for another one or get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    No, I haven't shot it without a silencer but from previous experience if this is having an effect then it would still group not spread like it is?
    Sorry buddy but the only way to test is to shoot it with no mod. It does not necessarily have to have a heavy hit to sent it off line. Chronos can also be very handy. Swapping scopes with a gun you know is spot on can be revealing as can be swapping mounts around or swapping them entirely. Do you get better groups if you single shot load as opposed to magazine. Shoot a pellet into balled up rags in a tube and inspect the pellet. is there a burr on the crown....is the crown damaged or machined square.

If it isn't the mod, there may be an issue with the barrel. get a magnifier app on your fone and have a look

HW made a batch of mods where the end was not square and after two mods I was 3rd time lucky. there were no strike marks iirc and no metal clippings but it couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. group went tight when mod removed and they later came back to say they had a batch of misaligned mods.

However, inaccurate out of the box 100s id not a common thing.

Return it to vendor and let them shoot a single hole group and give it back to you or exchange it.

Engineering does send the occasional curved ball. Even NASA cock it up and people die. you cant get a tight group so it isn't the end of the world. But you have a legitimate expectation to single hole at 20 meters so the retailer should sort it.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW View Post
    Take it back and ask for your money back as it is "not fit for purpose" - so you are cancelling the contract. They can't refuse.
    However they may offer to replace it (with a new one) which might suit you.

They might also offer to "take a look at it" and potentially to "repair it". If you accept a repair you are not subsequently entitled to get your money back.

You could accept them testing it before giving you your money back, provided that you stipulate you are not wanting them to repair it.
    I would agree with this. it is not performing the fundamental task it was designed to do so replace. and shoot it in the shop first if this is possible.

If not, get them to meet you at a range so you can shoot it before you accept it
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special
    Just do what Keithw #17 said, money back or swap for anew one, don't except a repair, they've got your money, you've got no gun...at least till they've fixed it.

Good luck , let us know how you got on, I got mine from there, very helpful .

Muzzie
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Empty gun of air. Remove magazine + open breech. Check breech is open and clear again. Shine a light in to it a and and look down the front end of the silencer. Is the barrel and silencer lined up?

Remember, looking down the pointy end of a loaded gun is not clever and even a blast of air can hurt you.

I'd just take it back though.

Don't be fobbed off mate, even Bentley and Rolls Royce have returns.
    Just remember that some people are quite happy with Ford and Nissan.

Chris

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    yeah, sounds knackered mate. i"ll give you £50 for it

Just a thought is there any rifling in the barrel, a mate of mine had a hw77, couldn't get it to group for love nor money, checked the barrel and low and behold no rifling, strange as when he bought it it came with a test card for that individual rifle showing a one hole group at 10 meters after it was returned the test cards where done away with then, i wonder why
    Shaun

Was it worth the trouble, Ah, what trouble