Thread: I need help with bsa merlin mk2 info.

I need help with bsa merlin mk2 info.

Hi all,
    I have got myself a bit stuck and now wished I had drawn a diagram. After refinishing the stock on this as a first time ever, I have forgotten how to put the few items back in. There are only around five parts but as I am completely new to this I have to admit I do not even know which end to put where first, it must be the easiest put back together of any air rifle I`m sure but very daunting for a first timer and the diagram on ch*****s does not help me at all. I have the new leather washer in soak now and am looking for either someone quite close to me in Bromley to show me or someone who can email me a diagram or sketch on how to do this, as stated there are only five bits , the spring, spring guide, a small piece of metal to hold the spring and a metal tube, I don`t even know which way to put the washer on, silly me, not making a note, I thought I would remember, doh!
    Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    martintheveg.

Martin I've emailed you a scan of the exploded view in Hiller in case it helps.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Martin I've emailed you a scan of the exploded view in Hiller in case it helps.
    Thanks Garvin, I have blown this up and had a look and it will certainly help, it is a better diagram than the one I have and I am very grateful to you for sending me it, very quickly too, thanks for taking the trouble mate, enjoy your weekend,
    martintheveg.
    Last edited by martintheveg; 27-03-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: sp.

The nuts !

Many thanks to member grrr too who has pm`ed me some help with a couple of links that fully explained my problem and I can now say the rifle is back together and seems to be firing very well, I now have to take it apart again and oil and lube it all, then decide what I am going to do with the barrel, probably have a go at cold bluing, very pleased now, the forum, with its members, is, the nuts.
    martintheveg.
    Last edited by martintheveg; 28-03-2015 at 07:06 PM. Reason: sp.