Thread: What is good make and type of pellet to use in a Weihrauch HW40

What is good make and type of pellet to use in a Weihrauch HW40

Hello all

I am not sure if there are any pellets i should avoid using in my Weihrauch HW40 pistol but i have wondered what make and type would be best and how much of a difference a pellet can make to shooting and performance.

Dave

RWS Hobby. Nice and light (<8 gr) for a pistol that isn't the punchiest in the ring.

RWS Geco's. Cheaper and lighter. I use these in all my pistols. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Both are good on mine as well. I use RWS R10 as I have expensive taste! I don't think it groups any better than the Geco or Hobby, but in my 6m range I think they will all perform the same. You'll need to get your scope out and shoot rested to see the difference. Shooting off-hand with iron sight it's likely to be the shooter rather the the pellets or gun.

Adrian

I am using some Geco Diabolo .177 flat head pellets at the moment and i was not sure if a flat headed pellet would be as efficient as a pointed or round head pellet and the distances i shoot is about 10 to 20 metres and i am not sure if this is even an issue to think about although i would like to think i was using a good quality pellet.

Dave

Smile

Gecos are fine Dave, only about £4 a tin as well
    Cheers,
    Rob.

People often quote flatheads as accurate up to 10m (which is what target shooter do). The only real way to test is to use scope and rested in a wind-less environment.

If you are just shooting cans then anything will do really!

Adrian

I get my Geco,s from NM Products, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield. You get discount if buying 10 tins and more if buying 20 tins which is what I do. £3 odd per tin. ATB. Pete. PS. They will post them too.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.