Thread: kit to start out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Ah well....I collect as well so there are little burned patches all over the drive where I burn off small piles of powder

If you use a lot of ammo it can be worth doing, but the benefits of ammo tailored to your rifle are well known.
    I know, I believe a little .22H round I gave you has pride of place

My decision to reload was based on the ammo I started getting through with you boys on the 3rd Sunday of the month! The knock on effect being that I had the kit to load for the hornet which would be a no go if I was using factory ammo.
    Thanks for looking

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    I know, I believe a little .22H round I gave you has pride of place

My decision to reload was based on the ammo I started getting through with you boys on the 3rd Sunday of the month! The knock on effect being that I had the kit to load for the hornet which would be a no go if I was using factory ammo.
    Yes it has B, its with a .17 hornet and hornet K I was given, in its own cosy little compartment thanks.

As I understand it the Hornet can be a sod to reload if you dont nail it as well.

Yea, my mate was a bit flummoxed last week. We went up for a mornings practice at 100 (Fig14 standing sitting kneeling etc) he had sunk at about 20 rounds....I ended up putting 120 down from 2 rifles. It was the runup to the last season CSR and Historic CSR shoot...it has to be said it did me more good in the CSR shoot but there you go.

At least now I know what I was doing wrong, sittings a bitch and needs timing right!!!

You can do quite a lot with dry training but a good noisy session never hurt no body.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Yes it has B, its with a .17 hornet and hornet K I was given, in its own cosy little compartment thanks.

As I understand it the Hornet can be a sod to reload if you dont nail it as well.

Yea, my mate was a bit flummoxed last week. We went up for a mornings practice at 100 (Fig14 standing sitting kneeling etc) he had sunk at about 20 rounds....I ended up putting 120 down from 2 rifles. It was the runup to the last season CSR and Historic CSR shoot...it has to be said it did me more good in the CSR shoot but there you go.

At least now I know what I was doing wrong, sittings a bitch and needs timing right!!!

You can do quite a lot with dry training but a good noisy session never hurt no body.
    I haven't struggled with it too much mind it was the first cartridge I reloaded so I didn't know any better, last night I was loading some 142 gr SMKs for the Swede for sunday, the 142gr 6.5mm bullet was virtually the size of a hornet round, after loading a load of hornet ammo in the week its was like loading anti-aircraft rounds!

See you Sunday, hopefully weather will be like this so I can stretch the 52gr A-max out to 600
    Thanks for looking