Thread: Air arms anti bounce hammer

Air arms anti bounce hammer

Hi as above has any one made or fitted one of these

Not sure if it would work without a major redesign. Steve Harper's slingshot for Daystate seems to work well, but that's patented. You'd have to do away with the hammer rail system, not worth it for a few more shots, IMO. I don't think the Rapid pip idea would work either.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

You can try reducing preload on the hammer side, and making up for it via opening the transfer port choke..

All the AA's I have had tend to be heavily choked at the port which seems to point at the hammer spring being a bit stiff anyway which obviously induces more hammer bounce..

As for the anti bounce hammers them selves I don't know of anywhere selling them but below is a picture of one.

Quote Originally Posted by wezdavo View Post

All the AA's I have had tend to be heavily choked at the port which .......
    .. is how you get a flattish power curve. Back off the hammer spring preload and you'll be sorry...
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    .. is how you get a flattish power curve. Back off the hammer spring preload and you'll be sorry...
    Not on my latest project Rich..

Polished rail, reduced preload on hammer and balanced back up with pot along with much less choke..

Here is the sweet spot... oh .177..

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...psjuqiyxzz.jpg

I had one made for my old S410, there was a thread on the AAOC about it, but it's not currently there at the moment until they finish transferring the site to a new server.

It can be done, but requires some adjustments to the TP and would be more beneficial with a regulator fitted.
    Ex-Airgunner

You can try reducing preload on the hammer side, and making up for it via opening the transfer port choke..

All the AA's I have had tend to be heavily choked at the port which seems to point at the hammer spring being a bit stiff anyway which obviously induces more hammer bounce..

As for the anti bounce hammers them selves I don't know of anywhere selling them but below is a picture of one.

Interesting photo. Is that an O ring in front of the spring?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Thanks for all your input it will not be a oring be washer / slip ring rob lane on u tube youse to sell them and has lots of info but no pictures of one or dimensions there must be a load of preload on the valve as when pressure drops low thay dump air and have to cock it to refill a wast of air

Not on my latest project Rich..

Polished rail, reduced preload on hammer and balanced back up with pot along with much less choke..

Here is the sweet spot... oh .177..

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...psjuqiyxzz.jpg
    Thanks for posting this. I had similar thoughts to you regarding the choking of the transfer port, and although I have yet to try lightening the hammer spring, I did have a fiddle around with 'balancing' the firing pot length to an (almost) unchoked transfer port and had a great improvement in shot count and consistency on my S400 .177.

I'm not sure that installing a reg will improve matters much (although it might be less time-consuming than tweaking the balance of the other components I suppose?).

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I had similar thoughts to you regarding the choking of the transfer port, and although I have yet to try lightening the hammer spring, I did have a fiddle around with 'balancing' the firing pot length to an (almost) unchoked transfer port and had a great improvement in shot count and consistency on my S400 .177.

I'm not sure that installing a reg will improve matters much (although it might be less time-consuming than tweaking the balance of the other components I suppose?).
    No problem mate.. I really don't think these s400's need a reg once you've got the balance right and found the optimum fill for your valving setup, but it does take alot of time, air and pellets!! But in the end its well worth it!!

this is going back several years now, so the details are hazy, but........
    on my old s410 i did the following...
    fitted a longer but softer hammer spring [less bounce]
    reduced hammer weight a little and polished it and the rail
    shamfered the rear-face of the firing valve [to improve flow]
    polished all the airways/ports from chamber right upto barrel
    and finally i soldered-up the hole in the firing pot and drilled a tiny [probably 1mm from memory] hole in its place........
    then experimented with pot length and hammer spring length untill i got it all balanced nicely.
    quite a few more shots per fill, but more importantly more shots within the sweet spot
    oh just remembered i also set it all up with the port-choke wound out to optimise flow........ and made a new choke itself with a radioused and polished end [again for flow]
    this meant if you set it up at say 11.5 with AA fields, you couldnt actually increase fps due to the choke being wound out to the max, but this method did help with shot count....
    and...... i seem to remember the biggest help with reducing bounce/increasing consistency was due to the firing-pot having such a small fill-hole.........in other words the volume within is what fed each pellet [rather than the volume plus the rush of re-filling-air behind it] if that makes sense
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER