Thread: Wesley Air pistol Testimonials

Webley air pistol Testimonials

I have just purchased one of your Mark 1 air pistols.
    May I say that in the production of air pistols I believe you have reached perfection.
    I have handled and used numerous makes, but for accuracy,balance,and 'hold' I have never come across anything approaching the Webley and Scott Mark 1 - Guildford.

Unfortunately I have found a 1954 ? Catalogue from Webley full of these which I will add in moments of boredom.

Together with guidance for potting furry friends at amazing ranges with various air guns -all possessing deadly accuracy and power.

No wonder we used to get so excited!
    Last edited by gingernut; 28-03-2015 at 01:47 PM.

My personal favourite appears in a 1938 Webley catalogue from a shooter based in Ceylon, who claimed

“Your Mk II Air Rifle is undoubtedly the finest air rifle I have ever handled and I have owned from the single shot to the most powerful rifles, but none of them possess so handsome an appearance and more, important than all, such a perfect balance, which makes one feel disgusted of all previous weapons”.

I.J. Take note

John

I thought IJs bęte noire (as they say in Blackburn) was the range of pistols?
    He might like the rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I thought IJs bęte noire (as they say in Blackburn) was the range of pistols?
    He might like the rifles.
    But is the Service not based on the pistol patent? I.J. probably hates it for that reason alone