Thread: Removing the front sight from a FWB150

Removing the front sight from a FWB150

I'm trying to remove the front sight from my FWB150, and it won't shift. Photos here:

Left side

Front

I've removed a short (5mm) screw from the right side, and looking at the parts diagram it looks like it's just a case of tapping the pin out from right to left, but it won't go, despite 48 hours soaked in light oil. I've also tried pulling it with pliers from the left, and I've tried pushing a wide screwdriver from the front and twisting a little to try to loosen it, but again no joy. I suppose the next step is to try heating it, but I'm pretty incomptent with anythng mechanical so I'm reluctant to go near it with heat, especially as it's the end of the barrel.

Do you chaps have any ideas?

I've managed to track down what I am pretty sure is the correct front sight to go with the sleeved barrel, which will make my 150 as it should be. The sight came with a lens fitted, maybe 1.5x. I've never encountered one of these before, and I understand they are not permitted for use in competition, but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Matt

It's tapered,so should drift out. Try heating with a hot air gun( no blow torch's) and use a correct size brass drift and nylon hammer to get it moving.

Thanks Mark, sorted now - no heat gun, but an hour on the radiator

Matt