Thread: Bisley Arms Fair Today

Bisley Arms Fair Today

Had a good morning at the fair today. Should have bought an early 35E that was there. Keith's (one of the stallholders) son showed me another 35 he had, a late delux but I've already got one so didn't get that. Met all the regulars I know there.

Who went and did you get what you wanted?

Amazingly I bought nothing which was considerably less than someone I know!!!
    Last edited by coburn; 29-03-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Yes, it was good to catch up with friends old and new. Also pleasant to meet up with Gingernut and put a face to a name.

A 'best buy' must be the tins of 100 .177 Marksman pellets many of us came away with. I have never seen these before and think they have push on rather than screw top lids, although mine seems to be stuck. My guess is 1950s or possibly pre war. They are roughly the size of the tins that fit Walther LP53 cases, although obviously not the correct tin for the LP53. A great little tin to display or add to a boxed Webley set.

John

Nice day out.
    There seemed to be a lot of interesting airguns, a few of which came home with me - Andrew

Good to meet you John.

I did see Binners with a tiny Marksman tin!

And a nice chap who makes the vintage targets at Bisley did rather well and also found a BSA teaspoon.
    Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Nice day out.
    There seemed to be a lot of interesting airguns, a few of which came home with me - Andrew

Good to meet you John.

I did see Binners with a tiny Marksman tin!

And a nice chap who makes the vintage targets at Bisley did rather well and also found a BSA teaspoon.
    Andy?
    Yes, he beat me to that 1916 hallmarked spoon - a very nice find. I managed to find a presentable Webley Mk II Target for the collection too, so had a good day. Roll on the next one!

John

Bisley

Me and my lad had a great day caught up with old mates and managed to pick up a very nice Diana mod 25 D.

Rgds kev

Intended to buy nothing, and was winning till I made an offer on an early straight stock Imp Mod D

Why do I do that

Also fell for the mini Marksman pellet tin

You probably bought the D for me Peter.

Did seem to be a good atmosphere at the show and there was money about.

Labour SNP government will soon put a stop to all that !

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Yes, it was good to catch up with friends old and new. Also pleasant to meet up with Gingernut and put a face to a name.

A 'best buy' must be the tins of 100 .177 Marksman pellets many of us came away with. I have never seen these before and think they have push on rather than screw top lids, although mine seems to be stuck. My guess is 1950s or possibly pre war. They are roughly the size of the tins that fit Walther LP53 cases, although obviously not the correct tin for the LP53. A great little tin to display or add to a boxed Webley set.

John
    Hi John,

I too was tipped off about the tiny Marksman pellet tins and managed to get one of the last available. I also managed to get a Tell 3 which although not in the best of cosmetic condition, is fully functional and will tidy up to be good enough for now. Pity about the weather, but still a great day out as always.

Regards

Brian

Tiny tins!
    If you want something to fit in your LP 53 box tinhole Tokalon brass ladies compacts fit perfectly.
    They look v smart and you can check your make up.
    Check out junk and charity shops.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Tiny tins!
    If you want something to fit in your LP 53 box tinhole Tokalon brass ladies compacts fit perfectly.
    They look v smart and you can check your make up.
    Check out junk and charity shops.
    Ha Ha, Sounds just the thing for a girly Walther, compared to a man sized Webley

Bisley

Didn't see the small Marksman Tins but I have already got a small screw lid Milbro Caledonian Tin so don't feel I've missed out too much.

First time walking round the arms fair today had a good time, it's made me want an older gun, I'll be going to the next one