Thread: Weblely Junior Valuation

Weblely Junior Valuation

I brought this about 25 years ago from a teacher at a local school.

Its an early post war fixed sight model with the extended grips.

Cocks and shoots fine

Came in this 1st year carpentry box with some plated darts, inc 3 early darts

IJ has convinced me that my life would be better without it.

So what should I expect to get for it?

i'm not a million miles from you - and would definitely like this. BUT....
    ....can i put a 'first refusal' on this - as (in all fairness) i think we should have some other opinions in on value before i can make an offer i hope you will accept. I'm not a collector in the 'purist' sense so this could be ideal for me.... and i actually like the quirkiness of the 'carpentry lesson' box. Any ideas gents?

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    i'm not a million miles from you - and would definitely like this. BUT....
    ....can i put a 'first refusal' on this - as (in all fairness) i think we should have some other opinions in on value before i can make an offer i hope you will accept. I'm not a collector in the 'purist' sense so this could be ideal for me.... and i actually like the quirkiness of the 'carpentry lesson' box. Any ideas gents?

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....luation-thread !!

Webley

I'd suggest about £100 upwards, but only a guess. The box is fine, it works. I'd balance I.J's legendary Webleyphobia by saying these are great little air pistols. Regardless of the smooth bore barrel a decent one should manage about a 1/2" group at 6 yards. If it doesn't sell you might find you like it.

Cheers
    torrens

Whoops. Apologies - didn't realise. Please forgive an ignorant but well-intentioned blunder from a relative (but enthusiastic) newbie.

I don't know 'book' values, but to help (and hopefully redeem myself): i have checked through previous actual sales figures at: the-saleroom. I pay a membership fee which gives me access to previous auction results (my actual interest lies in oriental jades) and have searched on Webley Juniors over last 12 months. Apart from one example that was supplied in pristine condition with original box (6/2/15 £110), all others seem to be about 40 - 55 for this model shape/grip, and the 'earlier' version with straight ribbed tin grips more or less the same, with 3 that went as much as 65. Those are all Hammer prices, so the buyer would have also had to pay a commission and VAT on top, and (of course) the seller would have received less than the final price paid.

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    Whoops. Apologies - didn't realise. Please forgive an ignorant but well-intentioned blunder from a relative (but enthusiastic) newbie.

I don't know 'book' values, but to help (and hopefully redeem myself): i have checked through previous actual sales figures at: the-saleroom. I pay a membership fee which gives me access to previous auction results (my actual interest lies in oriental jades) and have searched on Webley Juniors over last 12 months. Apart from one example that was supplied in pristine condition with original box (6/2/15 £110), all others seem to be about 40 - 55 for this model shape/grip, and the 'earlier' version with straight ribbed tin grips more or less the same, with 3 that went as much as 65. Those are all Hammer prices, so the buyer would have also had to pay a commission and VAT on top, and (of course) the seller would have received less than the final price paid.

hope that helps
    hopefully this link will display the search results reported above - again: the figures shown are hammer price only and would have Commission and Final VAT added:

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/pr...2015&sortTerm=

Juniors such as this one are just about my favourite vintage Spring pistol.I would suggest with box about eighty to one hundred pounds.

ATB.

I would say £70 depending on the condition of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I would say £70 depending on the condition of the barrel.
    Yup - that sounds about right.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

There is no picture of the bottom of the left hand grip. Is this chipped?

If so then knock 1/3 off whatever price it would otherwise have achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    There is no picture of the bottom of the left hand grip. Is this chipped?

If so then knock 1/3 off whatever price it would otherwise have achieved.
    No chips out of the corners - or anywhere else.

Barrel ( smooth bore ) is fine

So double what ever you were thinking !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    No chips out of the corners - or anywhere else.

Barrel ( smooth bore ) is fine

So double what ever you were thinking !!
    Fair enough - just thought I'd ask!