Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NSRA set out code of practice for affilated clubs

Personally, I have always found the NSRA staff helpful.

Ali Aitken very promptly answered a particular query I had about 10-metre shooting and his answer was sensible and in accordance with what I understood to be the rule. He was clearly against implementing any unneccessary restrictions and he favoured the least restricitive interpretation of the rule in question.

The incident with the .22 Lee Enfield sounds more like the result of a bloody-minded coach than anything to do with the NSRA. The NSRA hosts LWSR comps and it's shop sells .22 AR lookalikes so it does not seem to be them who would object to the use of a .22 Lee Enfield.

Prejudiced coaches like that one are to be found sometimes at most venues and should be politely told that what you are doing is in compliance with the rules. Such people will never change, I think.

It sounds like there is some dispute over whether it's the NSRA or their insurers who are insisting on these restrictions in respect of handloads.

Maybe, the best thing would be for anyone with a query about safety and insurance issues to attend the NSRA AGM and make a proposal or submit a question.

Insurance

Hi All.
    I believe the question of insurance only came about because of some clubs allowing shooters to use Downloaded ammunition in full bore rifles.[not just pistol calibre full bore]no provision was made for this in the NSRA insurance policy.
    My policy of last year covers me for Handloaded ammunition, suddenly there was a rumour going about last year that hand/home loading was not covered by the existing policy.
    I rang the NSRA and spoke to chap, his words of advice were that, WE have had a query about downloaded ammunition and at this time we are inquiring from our insurers if this practise can be included in our shooting insurance, HAND/HOME loading still was covered. In a matter of a few weeks I was informed that DOWNLOADED ammunition was now included in my NSRA insurance.

Personally I see this as an advantage to me and others that run with NSRA or NRA insurance, I don't think any of the other shooting organisation give you this type of insurance cover for membership.
    It would seem as usual you can't please everyone INIT. John F.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Personally, I have always found the NSRA staff helpful.

Ali Aitken very promptly answered a particular query I had about 10-metre shooting and his answer was sensible and in accordance with what I understood to be the rule. He was clearly against implementing any unneccessary restrictions and he favoured the least restricitive interpretation of the rule in question.
    Also found the same.

Ali was pivotal in getting our insurance and HO certificate sorted out.

My ranges have energy limit, and calibre limits. Brought in for either common sense or because of the type of range. The HO gave one 10,000 ft-lb to play with. That was brought down by committee because it seemed to be a little excessive for 50m.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post

The incident with the .22 Lee Enfield sounds more like the result of a bloody-minded coach than anything to do with the NSRA. The NSRA hosts LWSR comps and it's shop sells .22 AR lookalikes so it does not seem to be them who would object to the use of a .22 Lee Enfield.

Prejudiced coaches like that one are to be found sometimes at most venues and should be politely told that what you are doing is in compliance with the rules. Such people will never change, I think.
    Yes absolutely I agree with you. he lacked the balls to speak directly with us or we could have shown him what was happening and offerd for him to try out a rifle with a different type of open sight than he was used to. Instead though he chose to go behind our backs like a rather sad, spiteful, and pathetic individual. Ah well, never mind. I just hope he is a good coach for the GB team because that would be the one saving grace he has!

Quote Originally Posted by GaleForceEight View Post
    Yes absolutely I agree with you. he lacked the balls to speak directly with us or we could have shown him what was happening and offerd for him to try out a rifle with a different type of open sight than he was used to. Instead though he chose to go behind our backs like a rather sad, spiteful, and pathetic individual. Ah well, never mind. I just hope he is a good coach for the GB team because that would be the one saving grace he has!
    Bear in mind, Team GB coaches, although they are using the LRC, may well not be anything to do with the NSRA. They would be part of British Shooting (if it's Team GB). Different organisation.