One of the shooting disciplines I've never tried is 10m air pistol and I fancy giving it a go. I also fancy practicing a bit before joining a dedicated 10m club. Which of course I can do with any of the many non-target air pistols I have accumulated over the last 35 or so years. But I am thinking about a small investment in a vaguely proper starter target pistol. For £300 or, preferably, less, ideally with good resale value if I didn't get on with it or wanted to trade up (despite my personal rule of almost never selling a gun, just adding to the accumulation).

My options seem to be:

1. Gamo Compact, new or used. Cheap. Like the look and feel of them. Not sure about the trigger though.

2. Daisy 717 or 747. Even cheaper but not persuaded it's a good gun. And hard to find.

3. New Baikal IZH-46. Heard/read very good things. Warranty. And cheap from that place in the West Country (and I will be in the West Country in a few weeks).

4. M&G Original 6G/6M/10. My first target rifle was a 66 and it was great, so I'm partial to Giss system Originals. And they seem very good value.

5. Feinwerkbau LP65/80/90. The gun to beat when I was younger. Enough said. But are they worth 2x an M&G or the same as a brand new "Izzy"?

6. Something else. I don't know. FAS?

I have basically discounted 1 and 2, unless I found one very cheap. Heart says Original 6/10. Head says FWB.

Views?