Thread: Optima 3-9x56 scope/ Made in Japan.

Optima 3-9x56 scope/ Made in Japan.

Gents,

I've been offered £20 for this scope. Everything works as it should including illuminated reticle in green/red though not sure what size battery it takes. CR2032 powers it up but is too small and moves about breaking contact! Is the offer fair? I was going to include photos but don't know how!

for a period moonlighter,
    If it's pretty good condition, add £50 to that I'd say,
    rough condition, up to you,
    think I let mine go on here to a mate for around 65-75 posted, cant remember exactly, but was very good condition overall, preferred a couple of other oldies I have,
    but for a JD hw80 fan, £50+ all day long,

Cheers

Thanks Leo that's all I wanted to know. Not looking to sell on this thread, my thanks to those expressing interest but I'm honor bound to offer it to the guy who made me the first offer. That said I may ask him to pay just a little more than that £20!

Paulg.

Quote Originally Posted by zpaulg View Post
    Gents,

I've been offered £20 for this scope. Everything works as it should including illuminated reticle in green/red though not sure what size battery it takes. CR2032 powers it up but is too small and moves about breaking contact! Is the offer fair? I was going to include photos but don't know how!
    take there hand off, love mine.

Button cell battery numbers refer to dia. And thickness ie. Cr2032 20mm x 3.2mm thick.

Gents,

To be fair Paul you said it was a 3-9x40 and I hadn't seen it, I've since said I would offer you more, but you now said you are keeping it
    Peter

Got it wrong

Peter,
    Turns out it's not a Super moonlighter from what I can ascertain it's a day and night reticule, go figure! As it's not what I thought I'm trying to find out its value-ish snd I will probably sell it. Appreciate it's not what either of us thought that said if you're interested you've got first refusal. Bear in mind with these old scopes it's like fishing in the dark. Facts are hard to come by...

Paulg.

Peter,
    Turns out it's not a Super moonlighter from what I can ascertain it's a day and night reticule, go figure! As it's not what I thought I'm trying to find out its value-ish snd I will probably sell it. Appreciate it's not what either of us thought that said if you're interested you've got first refusal. Bear in mind with these old scopes it's like fishing in the dark. Facts are hard to come by...

Paulg.
    Ye must admit I thought the moonlighters were not illuminated, so learnt something there, yes please on first refusal when you have a price in mind, I like period scopes.
    Regards
    peter

mine wasn't illuminated, not sure if the newer ones were or not,
    just seen the other thread, good scope,

mines not illuminated either