Thread: Anschutz 335

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Snap. I am after a mk2 .22 version (or 3) as well for old times sake,....there is a mk1 335 in the free ads can't remember price or locality though
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Just picked up a MK1 myself in .177 very under rated rifle. Mach 1.5

wil95k your inbox is full
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    One (.22) on free ads located in Ely.

Dave

Worcester Black Powder supplies ran by a guy called David Jenkins(i think that's right) did a 12ftlb conversion on the 335. Also Theoben did a 335 gas ram conversion. Does anyone remember that one? Lovely little rifles built to a standard and not to a price(webley vulcan) Derek

And I've recently picked up a target version, but with a very funny little dioptre on the back, certainly not an Anschutz one. Trigger needs some work compared to my FWB 127.

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    And I've recently picked up a target version, but with a very funny little dioptre on the back, certainly not an Anschutz one. Trigger needs some work compared to my FWB 127.
    That's what put me off the one I used to have. Went from shooting HW rekord trigger/fwb300s to a 335 and found the trigger far too heavy. Wish I kept it a bit longer and gave it more time.

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    the "funny_ little dioptre" is a Wiliams peep sight_American and a quality product- made for the Anschutz), and the triguer isnt that bad , has the fwb is crap comparded to the HW,s and yes I opwn all of the above guns.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    the "funny_ little dioptre" is a Wiliams peep sight_American and a quality product- made for the Anschutz), and the triguer isnt that bad , has the fwb is crap comparded to the HW,s and yes I opwn all of the above guns.
    I imagined it was a Williams of some sort - there is no branding, and it is very low profile, with a tiny dioptre hole.

Agreed, the 127 is not that great itself, just that my 335 has been adjusted so that there is no discernible difference between stages 1 and 2, and the let off is a surprise. Have not had chance to sort it out yet.

Of course, neither is a patch on my 300S.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Worcester Black Powder supplies ran by a guy called David Jenkins(i think that's right) did a 12ftlb conversion on the 335.
    Was that not, in fact, our very own Jim Tyler?

Unless this David Jenkins took over after Jim??
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Was that not, in fact, our very own Jim Tyler?

Unless this David Jenkins took over after Jim??
    I did the experimental work and wrote it up in SAR, Tony, then David, a toolmaker by trade, did the Marauder conversions.

It was about that time that the importer introduced a new, 'full power' version, which turned out to be to West German market specs and putting out circa 6 ft. lb.

If I remember rightly Jim, the 335 was good for about 9.5-10? Certainly a quality gun. Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    I did the experimental work and wrote it up in SAR, Tony, then David, a toolmaker by trade, did the Marauder conversions.

It was about that time that the importer introduced a new, 'full power' version, which turned out to be to West German market specs and putting out circa 6 ft. lb.
    Aha, thank you for that, Jim.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    ...Mine has a Walther diopter.
    Here's an Anschutz ad showing the 330 series rifles and options, one gun that's still on my wanted list.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Worcester Black Powder supplies ran by a guy called David Jenkins(i think that's right) did a 12ftlb conversion on the 335...
    WBPS did the Marauder series which were lovely full custom guns including the 335, although the standard 335 was a full power rifle.