Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anschutz 335

great triggers and easy to adjust.the little bit of plastic that add a bit of friction to the adjust screws can fall out and leave the screws loose.i think i used something like a float rubber when i discovered mine had disappeared,without them the trigger can adjust itself. atb

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    great triggers and easy to adjust.the little bit of plastic that add a bit of friction to the adjust screws can fall out and leave the screws loose.i think i used something like a float rubber when i discovered mine had disappeared,without them the trigger can adjust itself. atb
    Yes so I gather; mine are still there, apparently the rifle was bought by a chap to do some 10m stuff at club shoots, and he subsequently did not really use it. Pretty much immaculate. Would like to get a variety of foresight inserts, not liking the current post type for 10m targets.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Worcester Black Powder supplies ran by a guy called David Jenkins(i think that's right) did a 12ftlb conversion on the 335.
    Was that not, in fact, our very own Jim Tyler?

Unless this David Jenkins took over after Jim??
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    ...Mine has a Walther diopter.
    Here's an Anschutz ad showing the 330 series rifles and options, one gun that's still on my wanted list.

Worcester Black Powder supplies ran by a guy called David Jenkins(i think that's right) did a 12ftlb conversion on the 335...
    WBPS did the Marauder series which were lovely full custom guns including the 335, although the standard 335 was a full power rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Was that not, in fact, our very own Jim Tyler?

Unless this David Jenkins took over after Jim??
    I did the experimental work and wrote it up in SAR, Tony, then David, a toolmaker by trade, did the Marauder conversions.

It was about that time that the importer introduced a new, 'full power' version, which turned out to be to West German market specs and putting out circa 6 ft. lb.

If I remember rightly Jim, the 335 was good for about 9.5-10? Certainly a quality gun. Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    If I remember rightly Jim, the 335 was good for about 9.5-10? Certainly a quality gun. Andy
    the latter ones can do a bit more 11.2 with a bit of fettling, weak spot are the wealds holding the front screw attatchments. On my 2nd one . Tr Robb used to do an upgrade for the piston seall , never had one myself but would be intresting to see the results, one for Jim maybe!

Theoben Anschutz 335

Yeah I have a Theoben 335 gas ram. Never shot it but pretty rare I think.

Quote Originally Posted by weapon338 View Post
    Yeah I have a Theoben 335 gas ram. Never shot it but pretty rare I think.
    oh yes,

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    I did the experimental work and wrote it up in SAR, Tony, then David, a toolmaker by trade, did the Marauder conversions.

It was about that time that the importer introduced a new, 'full power' version, which turned out to be to West German market specs and putting out circa 6 ft. lb.
    Aha, thank you for that, Jim.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes, thanks Jim for clarifying that. They had a modest muzzle energy during the time everyone strived for 12ft/lb's. I know a guy who won a Marauder at a shoot back in the '80's, it had a semi tyroleon stock iirc. Derek

I think most off the shelf examples would have been 10 ft. lb. or less, Andy.

Yes, thanks Jim for clarifying that. They had a modest muzzle energy during the time everyone strived for 12ft/lb's. I know a guy who won a Marauder at a shoot back in the '80's, it had a semi tyroleon stock iirc. Derek
    If the shoot was in south Wales, possibly Newport, I was there, and remember writing up a report for SAR on a shoot which had a Marauder as first prize. I think the winner of that event was Barry Mcgraw.

The Tyrolean stock was from Custom Stocks of Sheffield.

Hi folks,
    Just wondering if any of you have a 335 knocking about that you might be willing to let go to a new home. I am well aware that you have a couple of fine examples within the armory Ian but know that they will be staying locked in the North West "Airgun Vaults" for eternity no doubt.
    Please drop me a line if you have a gun that fits the bill.
    Thanks!
    Andy
    Hi Andy,

A slightly old thread, but if you're still looking for one, I have a good condition Arnie MK2 in .22 cal.

Pics: http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb...ry/annie%20335

It's very original. I doubt it's ever been taken apart. Chrono says a consistant 9 ft/lbs. Which I think is right for the "Weitschuss" model.

Two negative points of note: Some surface wear on the underside of the stock forend.
    And there is likely a bit of the rear sight missing. Perhaps a small 'block' which would fit under the wheel & the leaf to raise the sight? I've fitted a bit of cardboard under there, which brings the sight in for a 6 o'clock aim at 6 yards indoors.
    Both points can be seen in the pictures.

Lots of positives: It's all straight and honest, shoots well (for an Arnie), 99+% complete... bluing, and condition of the fixing screws etc is very good, no splits or cracks in the stock, and the steel stock mounts (known as the Arnie's weak spot if oversprung) look like new...

Price, £120 plus £15 for PF48 postage if required.

Please let me know if you're interested?

ATB - Phil
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 26-05-2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Further info

Hi Phil. May i have first refusal if Andy is no longer looking for one. Regards Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Hi Phil. May i have first refusal if Andy is no longer looking for one. Regards Mach 1.5
    Certainly Sir Dibs & 2nd dibs are set!