Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anschutz 335

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    Nice buy , don't see many in good nic.
    I bought a few of these some years ago one being early mk1 ,followed by a mk 2 and a second mk1 .
    I keep meaning to get them out for a 're lube and few shots.
    Bought a cracking 335 in 177 from allsports in Gloucester that has had a pro tune with custom synthetic seal ,spring and guide that thing shoots fantastic .
    Nice classics the 335 , enjoy
    Hi Martin,

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of doing, had I kept the Arnie I see synthetic piston seal converters are available (which may ideally require the TP reduced from the 'classic' 4mm with leather seal config'?). Plus a pair of good fitting guides & modern lube.

I'm sure yours is a very nice gun, to rival the old style HW50, which seems another very nice middle-weight

ATB - Phil

335 Seals

This experience may be of use to someone?

I initially replaced the decayed leather seal on my Mk3 335 with a PTFE seal but without much success, and thought I could feel air leakage on firing coming from the cocking lever slot. Second attempt with a 28mm blue Diana seal and adaptor (from Pr*t*k Supplies) was much better. I don't think I have the infamous 335 cylinder bulge close to the manufacturers stamping from external measurement. I know some have had success with PTFE seals in 335s, but it didn't work for mine.
    Now very consistent and accurate: a favourite for using with the excellent open sights.

Best Regards,
    Bill.

in my first 335 I got one of Mr Robbs seals after fitting a new spring and the seal, it was put over the chrono and was hitting a higley illegal 13 foot lbs so had the spring choped and that brought it down to a much more legal 11.2 and thats were we left it, worked very well with air arms domes and older Superdomes. My present model is a series 2, and it has been tunded at some point, 11.2 all day with air arms domes, so have left it alone.

Anschutz 335

G'day,

Having read the posts in praise of the Anschutz 335 I am going to ask a likely stupid question. I have a choice of two - .22 and .177 - at the moment. [I just missed another in .177 three days ago.] Is one calibre a better "performer" than the other or would it be wiser to buy both and see for myself?

Jim

Ballarat Victoria, Australia

Depends what you intend to do with it. The classic is really .177 as they were "target" oriented for club target, bell target and plinking. However, in .22 they make a handy farmyard critter rifle and heavy hitter plinker. Plenty adequate for tree rats too.
    They are one of those rifles that want to shoot straight, well when left at its factory power which is a tad on the low side. Nice weight rifle and not a lump. Though a bit of a plain jane they just hold respect as they do meet the hype of being an accurate, enjoyable, and pleasurable rifle to shoot. Minimum maintenance with a bit of lube keeps them sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Depends what you intend to do with it. The classic is really .177 as they were "target" oriented for club target, bell target and plinking. However, in .22 they make a handy farmyard critter rifle and heavy hitter plinker. Plenty adequate for tree rats too.
    They are one of those rifles that want to shoot straight, well when left at its factory power which is a tad on the low side. Nice weight rifle and not a lump. Though a bit of a plain jane they just hold respect as they do meet the hype of being an accurate, enjoyable, and pleasurable rifle to shoot. Minimum maintenance with a bit of lube keeps them sweet.
    100% on all of that,

Annie 335.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hi Martin,

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of doing, had I kept the Arnie I see synthetic piston seal converters are available (which may ideally require the TP reduced from the 'classic' 4mm with leather seal config'?). Plus a pair of good fitting guides & modern lube.

I'm sure yours is a very nice gun, to rival the old style HW50, which seems another very nice middle-weight

ATB - Phil
    Hello Phil,
    This one that was tuned was done professionally , we think on advice it was done by a tuner in I think Worcestershire area black powder supplies tuned or similar .
    It uses a black synthetic seal but not the tr rob ptfe .
    Never seen one before either.
    Yes IDE like to get into one maybe over winter try utilising a sized rws blue seal with steel adapter to fit the 5 mm thread.
    The tuned Annie is my brothers we bought a few mint rifles from all sports of Gloucester of Ron,
    Just shows the potential of these underrated lesser favoured rifles.

It shoots beautifully Phil.

I must have it one day .
    Atvb

Ps mine shoot pants compared too.
    Last edited by original45; 30-05-2015 at 09:16 PM.

The 177 version is a 333
    I have just recently acquired a 335. the break mechanism is truly a delight as is the barrel locking. There is a 335 coming up for auction on the 2nd June at the Cotswold auction house lot 271 if anybody is interested.

info@cotswoldauction.co.uk
    www.cotswoldauction.co.uk
    01242 256363

Well, Phil has provided me with a superb and totally unmolested example of a 335 that remains a credit to the manufacturers. The gun has now been fitted with a period scope and will be given a run out at our indoor range this evening. I was reminded of just how good a modern classic German quality air rifle is to shoot and own. Marvelous! Thanks again to Phil for responding to my initial request.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Well, Phil has provided me with a superb and totally unmolested example of a 335 that remains a credit to the manufacturers. The gun has now been fitted with a period scope and will be given a run out at our indoor range this evening. I was reminded of just how good a modern classic German quality air rifle is to shoot and own. Marvelous! Thanks again to Phil for responding to my initial request.

Andy
    sure you will enjoy it, mine in .22 like air arms domes with superdomes a very close 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGWEED112 View Post
    The 177 version is a 333
    I was under the impression the Mod 333 was a smaller version of the '335 without the barrel lock and available in both .177 and .22

I bet we struggle getting Andy (AMAC) of the range tonight.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I was under the impression the Mod 333 was a smaller version of the '335 without the barrel lock and available in both .177 and .22

I bet we struggle getting Andy (AMAC) of the range tonight.

ATB
    Ian
    plus 1 on that, so I looked back through my Copies of John Walters the Airgun Book and Ij ( has usuall) is right,

Ian Jones, right?!!!!!
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Ian Jones, right?!!!!!
    yes, right

Ian Jones, right?!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    yes, right

.... but not in the head.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk