Thread: Eu to ban co2 bulbs

Eu to ban co2 bulbs

Just spotted this on line. It would appear in an effort to further reduce world co2 emissions the EU is to introduce a whole raft of new legislation covering items containing co2.

Carbonated drinks, fire extinguishers and co2 powerlets are to be either banned or replaced with inert gas replacements from 2018. The brewers, soft drinks industry and fire extinguisher manufacturers have already started to replace the co2 in their products with inert gases, such as argon. But it looks like the end for the humble CO2 bulb as there are no suitable replacements!!!

Quote: Spokeswoman Avril Foil of the EU commission in Strasbourg said that this is a major step to reduce EU Member States co2 emissions with fool legislation being in place by 1st April 2018.

Best stock up now.

Yeah lets all panic buy!!

Scientists and lobbyists seem to forget, the CO2 that is put in the capsules or fire extinguishers (or any other compressed form) doesn't magically appear from no-where, it's taken from the very air we breath. So if it's taken from something, it's not really harming anyone when it's released and put back into the air is it??
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post

Scientists and lobbyists seem to forget, the CO2 that is put in the capsules or fire extinguishers (or any other compressed form) doesn't magically appear from no-where, it's taken from the very air we breath. So if it's taken from something, it's not really harming anyone when it's released and put back into the air is it??
    Yeh, but you forget they're vote seeking interfering tw&ts!

Another reason to vote UKIP!

What day is it today?

I think this was proposed by April Isa Fool and the poster has mixed up the name !

Cock!! well i fell for that one!
    Ex-Airgunner

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Ha ha ha, a lovely and well thought out reply
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Cock!! well i fell for that one!
    I'd say your answer was so spot on you accidentally exposed the 'trick' for what it was.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Well I (for one) agree with Strasbourg. On the grounds that all Co2 pellet guns are crap and annoying.

Thank you

My blood pressure was increasing rapidly on the basis such action would not surprise me until I read the final line.

Well done - a cracking April Fool

John

Nice one
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I think all this April fool stuff is just silly,

Damn good this one