Thread: Springs and screws for powder flasks wanted

Springs and screws for powder flasks wanted

Can anyone advise on where to get springs and screws for original powder flasks.
    I have flasks by Bartram, Baker and Hawksley and are in need of attention.
    Some have the springs missing, some corroded others need the screws for the powder measure setting.
    All advice and assistance appreciated.
    regards
    HM

I think you might have difficulty obtaining orginal parts. Before threads were standardised firms used their own thread form. later on standard threads were used so some might be BA, BSF, UNF and then there is BCS (British Standard Cycle thread), BSP (British Standard Pipe thread) which is still used.

If you can idenify the threads you may still be able to obtain the screws from a model engineering shop or an on-line engineering firm. There is still enough older machinery about to warrant stocking some of the pre-metrification thread forms but the suppliers are getting harder to find.

Henry Krank in Pudsey might be able to sort you out or Dyson near Holmfirth who manufactures his own parts.

I hope this helps.

powder flask spares

Thanks for the response,
    I have seen the Dyson catalogue of spare parts but was hoping there was someone on the forum who had repaired flasks. I was not aware of the range of screw sizes used. As some of the flasks have a name on the brasswork it may speed up the research.
    Regards
    HM.