Thread: Ammunition regulations?

Ammunition regulations?

A query about selling/transfering ammunition and components. When I go to the RFD they want to see my FAC before selling me primers or expanding bullets but do not record anything. What is my position if I sell some to another FAC/SGC holder?

expanding bullets must be allowed on the buyers FAC, hence you need to see if they have that condition by viewing the FAC ,primers just require the FAC to show that the buyer has a need for the primers(calibre suitable for the primers in question) neither need to be listed on your FAC , I believe the RFD may need to log supply of expanding bullets, but no need for you as an individual to keep a log as long as you have shown due diligence by checking entitlement.
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

This seems to be another area where it's down to individual interpretation, down here they do record expanding bullets on ticket, but for powder & primers only want to see that you posses a valid ticket.

Likewise shipping expanding bullets, one dealer told me they are classed as dangerous goods so £26 to ship, others say no they are inert so post as any other bullet but only to an RFD address due to the entitlement issue.

By components if you include powder & primers they will have to be f2f as no one will ship privately legally, as long as the buyer shows a valid ticket with the entitlement that seems fine to me.

Regardless of the legal position, a quick photo of the buyer's FAC (and allowance page) should suffice if you get asked the "where did these bullets go?" question.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Likewise shipping expanding bullets, one dealer told me they are classed as dangerous goods so £26 to ship, others say no they are inert so post as any other bullet but only to an RFD address due to the entitlement issue.
    These bullets are now S5 and should need an S5 carrier to ship them. Yes they are inert but are still S5 components that need special mention or allowance on your FAC to possess and with that goes the daft transport regulations.
    Not sure what would happen if the sender got found out that they shipped a licensable component to an FAC holder and didn't make the transfer F2F, but I wouldn't want to be party to that conversation with the FLO.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge4318 View Post
    These bullets are now S5 and should need an S5 carrier to ship them. Yes they are inert but are still S5 components that need special mention or allowance on your FAC to possess and with that goes the daft transport regulations.
    Not sure what would happen if the sender got found out that they shipped a licensable component to an FAC holder and didn't make the transfer F2F, but I wouldn't want to be party to that conversation with the FLO.
    As I said in the quote, they only sip to RFD address so that is not an issue as that RFD then does the f2f.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    As I said in the quote, they only sip to RFD address so that is not an issue as that RFD then does the f2f.
    Sorry missed that bit in my reply, but the shipping of controlled components through the normal mail system is still a big no-no, S5 items need an approved (S5) carrier to ship them. The sender is still going to have a few questions to answer ("... and about that 'reasonable measures' clause on your RFD, Sir"). It would make renewal time a bit more interesting.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.