Thread: Walther LP53 with Barrel Weight with correct number handbook.

Walther LP53 with Barrel Weight with correct number handbook.

Another air pistol to be cleared out from the "over filled toy box" (quote from SHMBO) is my Walther LP53.

This pistol has been used with the genuine Walther barrel weight and this is included in the sale.

Both the barrel weight and the barrel would benefit from a blow-over with some satin black spray but the black crackle paintwork on the main body and blue on the trigger guard etc is very good and the brown plastic grips are also in very good condition with no chips or lumps missing.

The correct and matching serial numbered Walther pistol handbook ( number 056988) is also included.

A new rear sight assembly was fitted some time ago and if the barrel and weight were re-sprayed it would be a very tidy pistol indeed.

The pistol shoots nice clean cut holes in the 6yard NSRA targets I have been using with Eley Match and RWS Meisterkugeln period pellets and has a really nice smooth and light trigger action.

I am asking for £225 for this very nice shooing example including delivery to any UK address.

Pictures can be sent by email - please ask for some if you are interested in buying it. The pistol can be inspected and shot prior to purchase by anyone that can get to Rossendale to shoot it.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

None left soon?

Hi Bob
    according to my records that's a Jan '63 production date, and knowing you it will be an excellent example of that great pistol, shame about the barrel weight, it tames one of the best recoils on an air pistol!
    If you keep going disposing of them you'll soon have the collection under three figures!
    Have fun with old guns,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Hi Bob
    according to my records that's a Jan '63 production date, and knowing you it will be an excellent example of that great pistol, shame about the barrel weight, it tames one of the best recoils on an air pistol!
    If you keep going disposing of them you'll soon have the collection under three figures!
    Have fun with old guns,
    Robin
    Hi Robin,

Thanks for the production date info.( January 1963) - I also prefer to shoot the LP53 pistol without a barrel weight but the genuine Walther barrel weights suite some people and are now getting a bit "thin on the ground" and help to complete the story for the LP53 collector.

Its a shame that the Walther barrel weight always rubs a little of the barrel paint off when it is fitted to the LP53 - but it is still not too bad for a 52 year old air pistol - that's for sure - and at least it is genuine and original wear and tear that any LP53 would have if used with the weight.

The steel barrel weight and barrel could look like new with a blow over with statin black paint ( Halfords rattle can ?) as being made from alloy they were spray painted from new so for a little effort this would be a really nice example of an LP53 with a rare and genuine Walther barrel weight - and at a very good price too !

Everything else on the pistol is very good - the black crackle finish on the main body is good and the BROWN grips are also intact and not broken in any way and the rear sight strap is new (genuine Walther - the last from Bills stock of them - supplied to me just before he died).

The rear sight straps always fracture eventually on the LP53 so this one may have another 50 years left in it yet and will still be going strong when most of the others will have failed.

Some LP53 have very stiff triggers but this one is beautiful - very light and with a crisp let-off making it a good example to shoot too - shame I need to reduce the size of the toy box as I will miss this one when it has gone.

Soon the size of my collection will be similar to your own and I will have more time to play with those that are left

tac here, catching up on sales stuff.

Did you ever sell this pistol?

I have two, both mint and boxed, but lacking the weights. Of course, I'd LIKE one in the spiffy zip-up case with the weights and all, but.....

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    tac here, catching up on sales stuff.

Did you ever sell this pistol?

I have two, both mint and boxed, but lacking the weights. Of course, I'd LIKE one in the spiffy zip-up case with the weights and all, but.....

tac
    Hi tac,

No I never did sell it - I put it back and locked it away again and forgot about it ......like you do

Still need a barrel weight to complete my LP53 set, I too prefer it without but I've restored a lovely period walnut pistol case, partitioned and velvet lined it and left a space specially for when I find one
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

lp53

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Still need a barrel weight to complete my LP53 set, I too prefer it without but I've restored a lovely period walnut pistol case, partitioned and velvet lined it and left a space specially for when I find one
    Just rubbing it in abit. I do have several lp53s in the delux cases.two with fitted barrel weight. A 1966 one in red silk type
    inner as NEW test fired only and the b/weight protecting the barrel from harm by a cellophane wrapper all in a proper
    genuine Walther delux case with all accs. etc.LP53s.finished fitting a adjustable trigger on them some where around 1960
    according to my large collection of them from 1953 first year production to my last at 1974. I am not good with pics.