Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone collect Original Dianas?

Wink Dianas / Originals

Sorry about the spelling errors but wasnt looking at what I was typing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    I concider my 300r at worth more than £300 .
    I was going to offer you £300 via pm, but at £300 plus I might as well buy the new Hw rifle, but will it be a SLR ?
    Hw77+7

Original / Diana

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Totally devastated I was mate. In fact the heartbreak has been long lasting. Eventhought of having therapy. But that quickly passed.
    I forgot to mention that I also have a 300r and they too are a cracking rifle but as has been mentioned the probe is prone to snapping and had done on mine prior to purchase. Works fine though. Due to rare nature of them I would say they are worth over the 300 mark all day long. But that's me speaking from the comfort of owning one and clearly it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Ive not scoped mine as yet n tried it out but it is all there as per other Dianas.
    Yes im afraid the heartbreak goes on. And on. And on.....
    Did you have it off Chris from Neath? If so, it might be this one: http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb...y/diana%20300r

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I had one of these and sold it whilst still in perfect condition.

After I sold it I read on an American site that the performance of the rifle didn't suffer at all when operated without the probe. Anyone any experience of this. If it's true it would be a very usuable rifle without having to partially open the cocking lever to change/insert magazines.

Pete.
    I read the same, and mine was fine in the garden & consistant over the chrono, though I didn't test it for grouping at long range.

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    Heres a thought a guns design fault can leed to it beinging a collectors dream . Take the 300r mine works faultlesly . I conceed that the probe does seam to be a weaknes that wont tolerate misuse . I asume that is why the design was pulled but like the Air logic Genesis where it never sold eell because its nigh on impossible to cock and a Jackel where upon the qaulity was doveose compared to its german counterparts. These gun as the same off many more are now considered as real colletors guns where upon there value is hight . I agree as already said that it depends how much some one is willing to pay . But I concider my 300r at worth more than £300 .
    Not sure if low production always = collectability or high prices... for sure, there are collectors who will want the quirky versions, but the backbone of most collections are popular standard models, and well regarded deluxe type versions, in good condition... I've had some very rare and/or limited number guns, and they're not always worth more... example, I once bought (and later sold) a very nice condition Daystate SR92 (bullpup) for not much money, and there were only about 17 of those made (so Tony Bellas told me).

Diana 300r

Yes mate I bought it off Chris n yes that looks to be the very same one in your pics. Am guessing that you are a previous owner Phil?
    Without wishing to hijack this interesting thread can you advise a little bit on its provenance? They don't seem to come around that often?
    Anyway I've got another Diana itch that needs to be scratched soon so happy days
    Dave

Hi Dave,

Afraid I can't tell you much about it, except it came to me via a serial airgun owner who flits from one thing to another, buying guns from all over the place, often on a daily basis!

I later traded it with Chris (a nice bloke to deal with ).

If it helps, I've looked up my original (no pun intended!) 'for sale' thread from a couple of years ago: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=Diana+300r

And a valuation thread that Chris posted later: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....300r-valuation

So, what's your next Diana going to be then?? (open question to anybody!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hi Dave,

Afraid I can't tell you much about it, except it came to me via a serial airgun owner who flits from one thing to another, buying guns from all over the place, often on a daily basis!

I later traded it with Chris (a nice bloke to deal with ).

If it helps, I've looked up my original (no pun intended!) 'for sale' thread from a couple of years ago: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=Diana+300r

And a valuation thread that Chris posted later: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....300r-valuation

should never have sold my other one but needed
    So, what's your next Diana going to be then?? (open question to anybody!)
    another 54 Airking

Hopefully a 460 magnum. But we shall see???
    It seems to me that Diana have the most comprehensive range of springers out there? Though perhaps a little smaller than days of the past? Due to them being over.priced (just my opinion), then I have to be selective as to what I buy as I would otherwise need a lottery win
    Dave

I almost want a stutzen.

Could have had a new-old-stock 46 stutzen from a gunshop for less than £400 a while back.

And the new T06 430 stutzen can be had for £485 brand new... its just that I don't like the new fishscale chequering... and they all have the aweful extra pair of stock screws right at the pointy end, by the foresight...

I almost want a stutzen.

Could have had a new-old-stock 46 stutzen from a gunshop for less than £400 a while back.

And the new T06 430 stutzen can be had for £485 brand new... its just that I don't like the new fishscale chequering... and they all have the aweful extra pair of stock screws right at the pointy end, by the foresight...
    yes have a 46 Stutzen in .177, and its very good.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    yes have a 46 Stutzen in .177, and its very good.
    Are you shooting at Nelson any time this weekend if the weather's fine Dave?

Are you shooting at Nelson any time this weekend if the weather's fine Dave?
    no sorry Weds now, busy on week end with boxing, football and swimming training for my Son. If you can make it to Nelson let me know and will bring the rifle along for you to have a play. pm me if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    no sorry Weds now, busy on week end with boxing, football and swimming training for my Son. If you can make it to Nelson let me know and will bring the rifle along for you to have a play. pm me if you can.
    I can try to clear a slot in my diary for next Weds... Could bring my short stroke 52 along, to see what you think of how it shoots

(And I've just had my old Ripley fixed, but I realise I shouldn't say about that on a Diana thread ).

I'll PM you back about it mate

I can try to clear a slot in my diary for next Weds... Could bring my short stroke 52 along, to see what you think of how it shoots

(And I've just had my old Ripley fixed, but I realise I shouldn't say about that on a Diana thread ).

I'll PM you back about it mate
    That would be great, love the old ripleys, my good friend John Parry ( club founder) has one.