Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone collect Original Dianas?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Its only the second one Ive ever seen. Both the 50B and 35B were .22 cal. which I find odd.

ATB
    Ian

The 50M model was .22 also.

Last edited by T 20; 17-04-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Are the Bs targety models then?

This was my 35: http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb.../original%2035 I think the factory's chequering guy was on speed at the time

The normal back sight http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=1 was converted into a peep sight with the addition of this http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=2 converting it into a peep sight. The front sight unit had a choice of blades on a rotating wheel so, yes, I would say target inclined. Hence my being puzzled they are in .22
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The normal back sight http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=1 was converted into a peep sight with the addition of this http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=2 converting it into a peep sight. The front sight unit had a choice of blades on a rotating wheel so, yes, I would say target inclined. Hence my being puzzled they are in .22
    I've confused myself. Now I remember Garvin asking to use my pics here:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/66282...8/Original+35b
    So I suppose mine was a 'B' but without the peep sight bit (and missing a bit from the spinny front sight arrangment).

Seems the UK import 'Original' branded 35(b) was only available in .22 cal.

There was of course the lovely 35M:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/66282...7088/Diana+35M
    Which I guess was their answer to those wanting to use ladies pellets in shooting matches.

The Diana/Original are high quality indeed...they just seem to have been overtaken by the competition (FWB etc).

I have the Mod 6 pistol and although it has the one piece plastic grip it is so accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I see occasional mention of the Mod 66 rifle, but I favour the more traditional looks of the Mod 65...but these seem to be scarce (Giss with barrel latch like the Mod 66). The Mod 60 has the Giss system but lacks the barrel latch.

I reckon it was a UK market thing,like the centenary model was a 45 here( in both cals though) yet the 35s was rest of Europe.

Dianas / Originals

Yep got to agree very very underated indeed . My first gun I brought was an Original 45 The rival to any at the time and shoots just as good now . I have a Venom 48 with thumbhole walnut stock lovely gun and a 50 . As good as any springers I think . As a matter of interest I have a Diana 300r in as good a condition as you will find no marks scratches etc . In 177 , does anyone have a clue as for a resonable price to ask for it .
    Many thanks All

I couldn't sell my .177 300R on here at 300 quid. It was minty, with spare mags etc, but the pellet probe needle was snapped off (happened a lot, which is apparently why the model was withdrawn after a couple of years).

If yours has the needle intact, I'd guess an asking price of around 300 quid. HTH

Dianas / Originals

Yea its all working and in mint nick and prob intact and spare mag . Thanks for the help .

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    Yea its all working and in mint nick and prob intact and spare mag . Thanks for the help .
    I allways thought they were a design that should have had better success, sadly cost was a factor and you dont see many of them about, good luck with any sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    I'm going through a Diana "phase" at present

My first Diana was a 52 Firebird bought from Litts in '88. I had just split from a g/f and I assured myself that I deserved it for all the heartache. I wanted a gun that would compete with my regular favourite the HW80. It certainly can do in the power and accuracy stakes. The plastic trigger lets it down though.

I've since gone on to purchase two Diana '45s, a Diana 50, two Diana 50T01s, a Diana 34, a Diana 38 x 2, a Diana 46, a Diana 350 Mag. I think that's it

Still a few more to go........

Dave
    Your heart must have been shattered with all the Diana's you've had to buy to get over her, was her name Diana😥

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Your heart must have been shattered with all the Diana's you've had to buy to get over her, was her name Diana😥
    He didn't want to get Feinwerkbau tattooed on his arm.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Totally devastated I was mate. In fact the heartbreak has been long lasting. Eventhought of having therapy. But that quickly passed.
    I forgot to mention that I also have a 300r and they too are a cracking rifle but as has been mentioned the probe is prone to snapping and had done on mine prior to purchase. Works fine though. Due to rare nature of them I would say they are worth over the 300 mark all day long. But that's me speaking from the comfort of owning one and clearly it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Ive not scoped mine as yet n tried it out but it is all there as per other Dianas.
    Yes im afraid the heartbreak goes on. And on. And on.....

He didn't want to get Feinwerkbau tattooed on his arm.
    Nope. I considered having it done somewhere more discreet until I was advised that only the letters "Fein" could be squeezed in
    It was all rather deflating.
    Dave

300r

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I couldn't sell my .177 300R on here at 300 quid. It was minty, with spare mags etc, but the pellet probe needle was snapped off (happened a lot, which is apparently why the model was withdrawn after a couple of years).

If yours has the needle intact, I'd guess an asking price of around 300 quid. HTH
    I had one of these and sold it whilst still in perfect condition.

After I sold it I read on an American site that the performance of the rifle didn't suffer at all when operated without the probe. Anyone any experience of this. If it's true it would be a very usuable rifle without having to partially open the cocking lever to change/insert magazines.

Pete.

Dianas / Originals

Heres a thought a guns design fault can leed to it beinging a collectors dream . Take the 300r mine works faultlesly . I conceed that the probe does seam to be a weaknes that wont tolerate misuse . I asume that is why the design was pulled but like the Air logic Genesis where it never sold eell because its nigh on impossible to cock and a Jackel where upon the qaulity was doveose compared to its german counterparts. These gun as the same off many more are now considered as real colletors guns where upon there value is hight . I agree as already said that it depends how much some one is willing to pay . But I concider my 300r at worth more than £300 .