Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: 6th/7th June 2015 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So, how DID the turtle spotting go then, Mick?
    Unfortunately the free bar won over the coach trip to look at endangered Turtles

I did watch the slideshow on the Turtles though --- they held it in the bar. very convenient.

Apparently the colour of the sand that "mummy" turtle lays her eggs in dictates the sex of the young and the Greeks just happened to have built a car park on the female turtle beach.

When the young are born they walk down to the sea then swim for 24 hours to get into open water --- only 1 in every 1000 make it to open water.

My suggestion of building a couple of big sandpits (male and female) to incubate the eggs in fell on deaf ears.

And taking the young ones out to sea in a boat to save them swimming for 24 hours was deemed bang out of order by the conservationist.

No wonder these turtles are endangered they're being looked after by a bunch of twats.

All the best Mick

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Unfortunately the free bar won over the coach trip to look at endangered Turtles :D

I did watch the slideshow on the Turtles though --- they held it in the bar. :D very convenient. ;)

Apparently the colour of the sand that "mummy" turtle lays her eggs in dictates the sex of the young and the Greeks just happened to have built a car park on the female turtle beach. :rolleyes:

When the young are born they walk down to the sea then swim for 24 hours to get into open water --- only 1 in every 1000 make it to open water. :(

My suggestion of building a couple of big sandpits (male and female) to incubate the eggs in fell on deaf ears.

And taking the young ones out to sea in a boat to save them swimming for 24 hours was deemed bang out of order by the conservationist. :rolleyes:

No wonder these turtles are endangered they're being looked after by a bunch of twats. :p

All the best Mick
    We saw the turtles when we were in Zante. Bloody big fellas. The kids were on a pedolo with me, we looked down and right next to us was this turtle. Trouble is Mick, the people looking after them have lots of book knowledge and no practical skills -- we all know some of those

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    We saw the turtles when we were in Zante. Bloody big fellas. The kids were on a pedolo with me, we looked down and right next to us was this turtle. Trouble is Mick, the people looking after them have lots of book knowledge and no practical skills -- we all know some of those

There was a time they'd of eaten the eggs and the turtles
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    There was a time they'd of eaten the eggs and the turtles
    Don't be daft Joffy --- they look nothing like a Goat.

Unfortunately the free bar won over the coach trip to look at endangered Turtles

I did watch the slideshow on the Turtles though --- they held it in the bar. very convenient.

Apparently the colour of the sand that "mummy" turtle lays her eggs in dictates the sex of the young and the Greeks just happened to have built a car park on the female turtle beach.

When the young are born they walk down to the sea then swim for 24 hours to get into open water --- only 1 in every 1000 make it to open water.

And taking the young ones out to sea in a boat to save them swimming for 24 hours was deemed bang out of order by the conservationist.

No wonder these turtles are endangered they're being looked after by a bunch of twats.

All the best Mick
    Haha!

Mick you are a GOD!

Firstly you go and create the perfect, therapeutic Boinger meeting place to save us all from the drudgery of those characterless jobbies that you have to fill with a tank.

Then you come up with these excellent turtle rescue plans.

Shall we have The Quigley Hollow Airgun Club II in Zante, then?

Boinging in the hot, hot sun!!

Hopefully recruited two more Bash newbies today. Two mature brothers, one of which was collecting his new Monster. Dunno why, it just seemed right to get The Bash into the conversation and guess what? One of them has a 35 and a 335 and the other also has a springer, although he couldn't remember what his was. They haven't used them for years, so I explained the meets in all their informal, relaxing glory and they seem well excited. BBS and thread details passed onto them....fingers crossed!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Apparently, my stepdaughter came round yesterday. Asked the wife to look after the ever-vocal young Edward and went into town to get me something; all hush hush, like!

She then had to go back an hour later to collect said item.

Well, the place that does the hoodies and T-Shirts ask for an hour to get things done, so I'm hoping that it might be another Boinging garment!

Fingers crossed........

BOING !!!!

And, alas, er, no!

Never mind!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cool Holidays approved!

Yippee!!

Got the holiday request for the September Bash weekend approved today.

I'll be able to sleep a little easier now........

Are you back from your hols now, Mick?

Leg okay?

Ferrets okay?

...And, are Dave's girls okay?

Hopefully recruited two more Bash newbies today. Two mature brothers, one of which was collecting his new Monster. Dunno why, it just seemed right to get The Bash into the conversation and guess what? One of them has a 35 and a 335 and the other also has a springer, although he couldn't remember what his was. They haven't used them for years, so I explained the meets in all their informal, relaxing glory and they seem well excited. BBS and thread details passed onto them....fingers crossed!
    Well, one of the brothers rang me today and they sound well up for it!

Excellent.

He's even been looking over his 35 and administering a little TLC in readiness.

Hopefully they'll be joining up pretty soon and coming along boinging!

Hope you're looking in Jim and Brandis.

Are you back from your hols now, Mick?

Leg okay?

Ferrets okay?
    Yes Tone

Got back Monday afternoon and went straight back to work mowing Quigley Hollow in preperation for the AirArms Owners club charity event.

Legs OK, I had to wear special socks and take an aspirin before flying --- seemed to work well enough as I didn't end up in A and E being injected with rat poison this year.

Derek and Clive the ferrets are well thanks, as is Pumkin the hedgehog.

...And, are Dave's girls okay?
    All fine Tone.

In the interests of keeping page one clear I'll lock this thread this weekend and start the September boinger bash thread.

All the best Mick

Yes Tone

Got back Monday afternoon and went straight back to work mowing Quigley Hollow in preperation for the AirArms Owners club charity event.

Legs OK, I had to wear special socks and take an aspirin before flying --- seemed to work well enough as I didn't end up in A and E being injected with rat poison this year.

Derek and Clive the ferrets are well thanks, as is Pumkin the hedgehog.

All fine Tone.

In the interests of keeping page one clear I'll lock this thread this weekend and start the September boinger bash thread.

All the best Mick
    All sounding good then, Mick.

And glad Pumkin's fine!

Will look forward to the September Bash thread and many more boinging opportunities!!

Derek & Clive...

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Derek & Clive...
    My cats are called Jane Mansfield and Lobster.

Thumbs up

my mates parents had a thing about naming the kids after film stars theres errol flynn barrett, jean harlow barrett,trevor howard barrett and glen ford barrett and no they don't bare any resemblance to them
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I had to read up on that Mick: http://www.phespirit.info/derekandclive/live_01.htm