Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HW95K buzz or honk.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Well I've been intimate with it with the help of a German youtuber (ooh errr) and I've got the spring and piston ready to send to Nick tomorrow.
    I must say it was much more simple than I thought it would be. The only slightly awkward bit was getting out the first two of the four square thingies that hold the trigger housing in.

Chris
    I've found that once the cylinder is de-greased, piston lubed, fitted, cocking slot lubed, cocking shoe lubed, fitted, cocking arm and/or barrel fitted -- those bits (hopefully) won't need to come apart again for a long time.

Because you might want to get to the spring a few more times (for setting the FPS, or trying different lube on the spring), a 'top tip' is to fit a diagonal pair of those annoying squares, rather than all four... you can always whip it back out of the stock to fit the last 2 squares once you're happy with it.

Getting the trigger unit & safety back in can be more fiddly than removing it... some say to cock the trigger before fitting (remembering to finally pull the trigger before trying to cock the gun), but I find it's easier to get the pins started with the trigger uncocked... either way, you need a thumb holding the safety 'almost all the way in' until both trigger pins are started in the trigger unit, and then check there's a little bit of springy play in the safety before tapping the trigger pins all the way home.

HTH, and looking forward to results!

Well, I got the parts back today and fitted them with no bother.
    I have to say it's better than I'd hoped. The buzz is gone completely, it's quieter, smoother and has a quicker lock time.
    I've just done that thing with the pellet on the scope turret and it doesn't move so the recoil is reduced.
    I couldn't be happier and would recommend Nick's services to anyone. It's made a very good gun a lot better and I'd like to thank Nick for the fast turnaround.

Chris

Excellent piston liners can be made from the hdpe plastic from 4-pint milk containers

Don't waste your money on expensive ptfe or delrin sheet...

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Excellent piston liners can be made from the hdpe plastic from 4-pint milk containers

Don't waste your money on expensive ptfe or delrin sheet...

Matty

Some pistons need a 6-pint carton!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The fit of my spring into the piston was tighter than I thought. I ended up using the thin aluminium from a beer can. No more boing/buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by radiofan View Post
    The fit of my spring into the piston was tighter than I thought. I ended up using the thin aluminium from a beer can. No more boing/buzz.
    Nice one.

Chris

Now stick a tin of pellets through it and watch it all bed in and settle down.

After that, please tell us what you think. Has your rifle been transformed?

Ouch!
    Ouch!
    Barn Door Scarer
    HW95k .22, HW50s .22, BSA Goldstar SE .177, AA 510 Ult Sporter .177

I used one of Nick's Tinbum kits in my TX200 and the difference was amazing and what a really helpful nice guy, throughly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by radiofan View Post
    But did you not get a little bit of a "beer buzz"?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I've put a tin of pellets through it today.
    Thanks to Phil (Rickenbacker) for the advice.
    The tbt treatment has transformed this gun into an absolute cracker. I have a habit of remote weeding from my spare room window, usually using a HW100 to break the stems of dandelions in my garden. I can now do this with almost as much consistency with the 95K. The targets are from 15 to 38yds.
    I'm obviously not an expert on springers but I've had TX, ProSport, Tommohawk, 60s and 97k in the past and this is easily the most accurate springer I've ever had. It's a pleasure to shoot it and I think the others in my cabinet will be dormant for at least a week or so.

Chris

Sounds good Chris

Oh yeah!

What's not to love about a HW95k with a tinbum kit installed......I love mine!
    Ouch!
    Barn Door Scarer
    HW95k .22, HW50s .22, BSA Goldstar SE .177, AA 510 Ult Sporter .177

What gets me is, up to a couple of weeks ago, nobody had a good word to say about the 95.

It was all "Eww, everybody who knows anything has a 99S instead".

Now I've sold my 95, they're all bloody marvelous again!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    What gets me is, up to a couple of weeks ago, nobody had a good word to say about the 95.

The 95 has weight to hold the aim steady, the stroke works better for .177 and it doesn't have that crappy galling issue.

You'd have to be really stupid to sell a 95!!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

never sell just make your collection bigger
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive