Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daystate Pulsar...road test

Daystate Pulsar...road test

Right from the outset I thought this a very odd looking gun, I am not into bullpups but as these things happen I recently got the chance to test one of the very few guns doing the rounds.
    Walnut stock in .177 with a MTC Concept set atop.

Despite its overall weight the gun is amazing to handle. Once shouldered it seems weightless the weight seems to sink into your shoulder.
    Now I am a great big bloke with great long arms but somehow the gun is really well proportioned and I found I was looking straight through the scope which as you all know is a boost to hitting what you point at.

The glass is amazingly clear and my god is the gun accurate ! So easy to shoot and unbelievably accurate....

The trigger is so crisp and light. Loads and loads of shots per fill,

So if I had the funds would I buy one.... Yes definitely but its out of my price range for sure at present.

But if I did buy one
    it would have to be in .22 as I don't like the little fiddly 177 pellets at all
    as the gun has three power settings it would be a FAC gun set at 14ftlb, 20ftlb and 30ftlb
    the glass would definitely be a MTC connect
    and the stock would be in Tactical flavour which I am informed is like a carbon fibre finish.

I must admit I like Daystate rifles, I have a 12ftlb Wolverine in .22 and just got a new Regal xl in 12ftlb they are both excellent rifles and do a superb job of making me look like I can shoot straight, at least when its not too windy...

If and when you get chance Handle or better still shoot the gun before you decide to give an opinion. I think you will be surprised I certainly was.

Have fun!
    Why on earth didn't i buy that sooner.......

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Great to hear a real persons views after trying it out. I'm not sure it's for me, but I'd like to get my grubby paws on one for half an hour on a range, I could be persuaded if it's that good.

James

Seems like anybody that tries a Pulsar come back with "it looks awful but handles brilliantly". Sounds like a extreme case of function over form

Nice review, I have triead for weeks to even have a look at one in the fleash, with no luck. I have to say I think its hideoues and the price the wrong side of obscene ( and yes I can afford one ) but look forward to having a close look.

A friend of mine just pointed me to this post and I'm so glad he did. I rang Daystate today to find out if there was a Pulsar in circulation, for trialling. Sadly there isn't anymore.
    I'm hoping my gun shop get their stock of them this week, if they do, I'm going to look at them on Saturday. I fell out with AA today over servicing and repairs for my FTP 900. Not because I was angry, the gun is well outside warranty, but because whoever answered my call came across as plain disinterested! Speaking to Daystate was like being in a different world......

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm hoping my gun shop get their stock of them this week, if they do, I'm going to look at them on Saturday.
    Sorry Barry, the production run is as follows:

Mid April to mid June Pulsar OS Limited Edition production
    Early May Pulsar walnut production starts for USA
    Late May to early June Pulsar standard walnut and laminate production starts for UK
    June - Pulsar synthetic starts

So you may see the LE Oro series in a store in April, but I think they are all pre sold, so very unlikely. After that your looking at June/July for the normal version around £1850 I believe.

James

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I would like to have a go with one to compare it with my bullpupped mk3.
    I see the website shows it's 30" long, which is 6" more than my mk3, the butt extends a bit from the block and I guess the barrel is a bit longer for FAC power levels. I would think the balance is not bad, mine is to the rear of pistol grip.

I like my air wolfs, but I must admit I wouldent mind one to play with 😜

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    When I saw it first time I thought it was something that somebody had put not the internet as a joke. Could not believe it was the real thing. I hated it with a passion.... However... and this is hard to say BUT ... I rather like it now . Not sure I would have one but I don't mind the look now . Not so sure about the Laser ... I'm not in MUSE , they are the only people that can get away with lasers these days .

Does not look bad and I am sure they will shoot well. I had a Daystate Platinum and when it worked... IT WORKED !!

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    One concern would be scope stability as only the rear section of the rail is secured to the receiver; the front of the rail rests, unattached, on the barrel shroud. Waiting to be knocked out of alignment.
    Al

I'm thinking of getting a bullpup as would like a short rifle for shooting from the truck!! Apart from the price the only other thing that puts me off is the electronics. I don't have anything against them, just have to many guns and it's easier not having to worry about them!!

The model I got my paws on is a test it till it dies one, it has been deliberately abused, got wet, thrown about etc the scope has been used as a handle
    and the damned thing still insists on being very robust and reliable.

I never tried the laser. But I will say the electronic trigger is a beautiful thing.

but it remains ugly and too sodding expensive in my opinion. maybe when they start to supply the market will bring the price down to a reasonable level.
    Why on earth didn't i buy that sooner.......

If only they took notice of the fx brand and taken there stance and put it in a Russian type bullpup stock the action looks great and no doubt excellent to use but the stock and fact it takes 4 AA battery's doesn't do it for me which is a shame as I waited in atticpation for its release the price is also way out when u look at lads moaning about the £1100 for edgun prices hope they build of this type of action tho and offer more stock options of the typical bullpup design still waiting in anticipation for the electric trigger bullpup atvb Dave G

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Sorry Barry, the production run is as follows:

Mid April to mid June Pulsar OS Limited Edition production
    Early May Pulsar walnut production starts for USA
    Late May to early June Pulsar standard walnut and laminate production starts for UK
    June - Pulsar synthetic starts

So you may see the LE Oro series in a store in April, but I think they are all pre sold, so very unlikely. After that your looking at June/July for the normal version around £1850 I believe.

James
    I handled one today and placed my order. I hope the dealer was being truthful about his order numbers, numbers from that order he's already sold and the remaining 'due in' stock, as I've been promised one of those.
    If that takes 'til the end of June, then it's obvious he's actually ordering them per customer. I really, really, hope that isn't the case.
    I have to say though, they are just gorgeous, balanced, beautifully finished and that trigger!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I handled one today and placed my order. I hope the dealer was being truthful about his order numbers, numbers from that order he's already sold and the remaining 'due in' stock, as I've been promised one of those.
    If that takes 'til the end of June, then it's obvious he's actually ordering them per customer. I really, really, hope that isn't the case.
    I have to say though, they are just gorgeous, balanced, beautifully finished and that trigger!!
    yet to see one in the flesh myself, so we will see, still think its fugly mind. and overpriced.