Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix Arms Hyscore Sporter

The chrome pistol is the actual one I tested for Airgun World a few years ago and it shot really well, although it was difficult to acquire the sights in bright sunlight for obvious reasons. I think it changed hands for around the £250 mark at the time, if that helps with a value. Personally I think it is worth more, as they rarely come up for sale.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The chrome pistol is the actual one I tested for Airgun World a few years ago and it shot really well, although it was difficult to acquire the sights in bright sunlight for obvious reasons. I think it changed hands for around the £250 mark at the time, if that helps with a value. Personally I think it is worth more, as they rarely come up for sale.

John
    Hello John,

Don't suppose you a have a pdf copy of the 'Sporter' review as I can't seem to find it in my archive. I was surprised how accurate this little pistol can be given the relatively short barrel and consequently reduced sight radius. As it's quite heavy, I found it sat quite steady in the hand with the fitting of alloy silencer making little difference to the overall balance. It also seems quite easy to cock compared with say the Haenal 28 anyway and probably on a par with the Webley.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John,

Don't suppose you a have a pdf copy of the 'Sporter' review as I can't seem to find it in my archive. I was surprised how accurate this little pistol can be given the relatively short barrel and consequently reduced sight radius. As it's quite heavy, I found it sat quite steady in the hand with the fitting of alloy silencer making little difference to the overall balance. It also seems quite easy to cock compared with say the Haenal 28 anyway and probably on a par with the Webley.

Regards

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I'll look for that review when I'm next in the library/loft and sort out a scan for you.

Kind regards,

John

Hi John,

Much appreciated.

Regards

Brian