Thread: RM8 Trigger

RM8 Trigger

I'm thinking of splashing out on an RM8 soon , but being fussy about the 'feel' of things I'm already considering that plastic trigger. Is the trigger alone easily removed from these guns ? I work in an environment where copying the trigger in solid brass wouldn't be beyond me, so you see where my thoughts are heading (Unless someone is already selling a metallic trigger as a replacement part for these ?)

I've only seen a couple, and they felt "graunchy" but people say they can be improved.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Having now used one of these rifles for an hour it's not the graunch I'm worried about (not evident on the one I used) What I'm on about is how easily the trigger itself is removed in order to be replaced with something made of metal.

secretagentmole Guest

Don't Worry!!

It is nice strong plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    It is nice strong plastic!
    No doubt, but plastic always feels, well, plasticky I'm hoping that the trigger blade is easily removed so I can copy it in brass. I'm amazed that no-one in the industry has yet thought to make metal triggers for these as an 'add on', but I can't seem to find any so I'll make one myself if I can get the trigger blade out of the gun easily.

Some makers, especially aimed at the US market, (sorry..!) make triggers out of lighter plastic rather than metal, in case you bang a cocked rifle on its butt, and the heavier trigger fires the gun. This is also why US triggers are set heavy.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

hello
    removing the trigger is quite easy, remove the stock which is held on with the 2 trigger guard bolts, with the gun horizontal with the trigger uppermost, lift the rear of the stock up and slide off rearwards. Much harder to explain than do.
    On the side of the action is a plate held on with slot headed screws remove these and unscrew the bolt handle (6mm spanner) and very carefully gently remove the plate, it will require a bit of a wiggle. A pin or two may lift off with the plate these are not captive, remove from plate and put into the holes that they locate in in the action.
    The trigger is now in plain sight, there are a couple of small springs to watch out for. If you are careful then there should not be a problem. The trigger is very simple.

If you think that you may have a problem then I will strip one and take some pictures. ( pm me)

All the best.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Last edited by Geoff555; 29-04-2015 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added info.

Thank you Geoff No need for pics as that description is as much as I need for now. Knowing that the trigger itself can easily be removed means that I know I can replicate it in brass and have a nicer feeling trigger on the gun than putting finger to plastic.

Rm8

Check out the umarex airmagnum 850 sites for mods on the trigger the RM8 insides are the same trigger and the rest hopes this helps

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    Some makers, especially aimed at the US market, (sorry..!) make triggers out of lighter plastic rather than metal, in case you bang a cocked rifle on its butt, and the heavier trigger fires the gun. This is also why US triggers are set heavy.

Gus
    And bleeding Hatsan triggers, I think Hatsan set them all to USA trigger pull weight!