Thread: Led Lenser M7 opinions please

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Led Lenser M7 opinions please

Does anyone use this torch?, if so I would really value your thoughts and opinions on it.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I know you are out there.

Kindest regards

Barrel

Not particularly well regarded in the world of the flashaholic. Just managed to get their foot in the door with retailers.

There's way better lights for the money, Thrunite, Armytek, Sunwayman, Olight, jetbeam etc etc

If you are willing to go 18650 batteries (batts and charger deals are cheap enough on a well known auction site). Then I can highly recommend a Thrunite TN11 for the money. £50 on offer at the moment and will blow your mind with the output (and you can set what you want the second output to be)

But for a real tough nut (and they feel great) an Armytek Predator maybe. Fully programmable too:

http://youtu.be/lvA79TAMu6c

Seriously there's a whole world of lights out there, forums and all. Many outlets in US that post to here too.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Does anyone use this torch?, if so I would really value your thoughts and opinions on it.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    My experience is different, I had an older LED Lenser model, 7 years later and I still have it. I bought it for diving, so it's been is salt water hundreds of times and been through more air port security than a sniffer dog. Eventually the magnetic switch went after about 3 years constant use - they replaced the switch and sent me a second in case it happened again. It was not the cheapest torch on the market, and I'm sure it was not the brightest, but I'd give it full marks for being a good torch, it's not all about cost and lumens, reliability and quality were top of my list as it was a back up torch for my main one - which was over a grand!

James

Have got a couple of the p7's and got the m7r for work and have had no problems p7s have ran for 4 years no probs.

I have the P7 model and love it.
    Also baught the remote switch for very little money
    so it doubles as a hunting lamp.

We have a couple of P7’s the other half has dropped hers a quite few times and was complaining about the batteries being low. After opening it I found one of the battery carrier legs had broken and not being able to find anyone selling spares, I contacted Led Lenser direct and ended up with a new carrier and switch free of charge.

I’ve never had an issue with mine in 3 years.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger21 View Post
    We have a couple of P7’s the other half has dropped hers a quite few times and was complaining about the batteries being low. After opening it I found one of the battery carrier legs had broken and not being able to find anyone selling spares, I contacted Led Lenser direct and ended up with a new carrier and switch free of charge.

I’ve never had an issue with mine in 3 years.

Must admit I have heard good things about their after sales service.

Kindest regards

Barrel

theres one on amazon lightning deals at the mo £26 posted

atb paul

I'd support the idea of moving from AA cells to CR18650's. I've got a few torches dotted around the place in case of power cuts etc. plus a headtorch. It's so much easier to keep a few bigger batteries charged, rather than wrangling a small herd of AA's in & out of the charger & keeping them all in order.

I've got no information on the torch you are asking about specifically but I've had a few LED Lenser torches over the years & with one exception have all lasted well despite being generally abused & bashed about, they're more silver than black nowadays. They aren't quite up to the spec of modern CREE's but the one that used to be on my rat gun is used for candling eggs eggs nowadays, when they hatch out they're still squinting so not too shabby.